[06]

FREYA TRIES TO CALM HER BREATHING as she waits for any type of signal of Steve

FREYA TRIES TO CALM HER BREATHING as she waits for any type of signal of Steve. She starts to think about the odds of her boyfriend not making it out alive. The Goddess' heart beats even fast, if that's even possible, and her palms starts sweating.

Freya's head shoots up when she hears the Captains voice through comms, talking to Jim Morita.

''Captain Rogers, what is you-'' Morita starts but Freya cuts him off by shoving him aside quickly.

''Steve, is that you?'' the Goddess exclaims as she sits down. ''Frey, Schmidt's dead!'' Steve yells back.

''Are you alright?'' Freya quickly asks. ''I'm fine!'' Steve counters back, making the Goddess let out a breath of relieve. ''And what about the plane?'' she asks.

''That's a bit tougher to explain.'' Steve replies hesitantly. ''All right, give me your coordinates. I'll find you a safe landing site.''

''There's not gonna be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down.'' the Captain replies sadly as he looks around the plane.

''No, no, wait. I-I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do!'' Freya says with a nervous chuckle.

''There's not enough time!'' Rogers says. ''This things moving too fast. It's got bombs on board and it's heading for New York.'' he continues, making Freya's stomach twist.

''I gotta put her in the water.''

''Please, Stevie, don't do this. We have time, we can work this out!'' the Goddess counters back as a lump starts forming in her throat.

''Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer, a lot people are going to die.''

Freya stays silent, stressfully weighing her options as she oh-so-desperately tries to find a solution. ''Frey..'' Steve speaks softly.

''I'm here. I'm always here, hero.'' Freya replies sadly as a single tear escapes her eye. ''This is my choice, doll.'' Rogers sighs.

Steve quickly grabs his compass, putting it up on the desk board and smiling slightly when he meets Freya's eyes in the picture.

''I'm sorry I can never give you what I promised.'' Steve says as he sadly looks down, making a sob escape Freya's lips.

Ah, yes. His promise. Just yesterday, when life was easy and carefree, Steve and Freya had talked about their future.

The Goddess had told him about her parents forcing her to marry a man. Freya explained she didn't want too, because when the Goddess would marry him she would be forced to stay and home and ''bare his children'' since the man would probably not allow her to fight.