[36]

23 DAYS SINCE THANOS CAME TO EARTH, and everything's in ruins

23 DAYS SINCE THANOS CAME TO EARTH, and everything's in ruins. Country's, governments, compagnies, families, relationships. All gone. And it's the Avengers' fault.

''I liked the beard.''

Freya's voice is soft, her small figure leans against the doorway as she watches Steve.

She wants to smile, but she's too tired. For 23 days and 23 night she's been staying to try and put the fallen world's pieces back together.

She hasn't succeeded.

Organising meetings in country's she's never even been in, finding homes for orphaned children, filling positions for governments, you name it.

Steve's helped her, everyone has, but the even for a Goddess, it's all way too much.

But it's the only thing keeping her mind from falling apart.

The team is mainly busy locating Thanos, deep space scans, satellites.. they've gotten nowhere.

''Yeah, well...'' Steve mumbles, watching Freya through the mirror with a sad smile.

He opens up his large arms as he turns around, and she immediately flings her body in them.

''I don't know what to do, hero.''

''We'll figure it out. We'll find Thanos.'' Steve says, his chin leaning on her blonde locks.

''It's been 23 days and there's no sign of.. anything.'' Freya replies in a whisper.

He grasps her chin and turns her head towards his. ''Frey, we'll figure it out.'' Steve softly says.

''But-''

''We'll figure it out.'' He stubbornly says, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

''We have each other. As long as I have you, I'll be fine.''

The Goddess can't help but smile, sloppily connecting their lips once again.

''Freya..'' Steve eventually mumbles on her lips, their pants and hums filling the atmosphere.

''Stevie, please. For you I keep my legs apart and I'll forget about everything, about our tainted hearts.''

Suddenly, the mirror starts shaking, and then the floor does, too and then the whole building rattles of a loud sound.

Steve and Freya pull apart, their eyebrows furrowed as they quickly make their way out of the bathroom.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑