[43]

ALONE AND EXHAUSTED, Steve's been through it

ALONE AND EXHAUSTED, Steve's been through it. There's no hope left. He'll fight with Thanos and die, the rest of the remaining Avengers will wake up, climb
out of the ruïnes and fight back. Maybe they'll win, or maybe it will end like last time.

But right now, Rogers is the last man standing.

Until a certain someone's voice rings through his earpiece.

''Hey, Cap, can you read me?''

Rogers' body freezes, and for a moment he thinks he's imagined it all.
But then,

''Steve, it's Sam, can you hear me?'' He says.

''On your left.''

Steve turns around, his eyes widen when he sees T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye walk through a golden, sparkling-like portal.

His breath moves up and down, his mouth agape as he looks at them with nothing but pure relief.

Then Sam comes flying above them, next comes Doctor Strange, Drax, Mantis, Peter Quill and Peter Parker.

The entirety of Wakanda's army, Groot, Bucky, Wanda, Valkyrie, Wong, Hope, Pepper.

Just then, Scott - now at least 30 times his normal size - barges through the remains of the compound with Rhodey, Banned and Rocket in his hand.

''Steve!'' Freya yells as she lands beside Steve, her body raging in hire.

''Frey, I think we might actually win this.'' Steve breathlessly says.

The Goddess' eyes widen at his worn down state, though she was partly unconscious and partly trying to get up from other the rocks she was thrown under, Freya still saw some things of his fight.

Of how he was the last man standing.

How he never gave up.

''I'm so proud of you.'' She smiles, standing on her toes to plant a kiss on his dirty lips.

''We're not done just yet, doll.'' He weakly smiles.

Slowly, everyone had walked out of the portals and were now ready for attacks

Standing in line next to Thor and Freya, Steve retracts Mjölnir.

The hammer in his right hand, his shield in his left.

''Avengers!'' Captain Rogers yells.

Thanos, just like everybody else, braces himself for the war that's about to erupt.

''Assemble.''

With various battle cries, everyone starts charging forward at the army opposite them.