Prologue [ 6 feet under ]

Ace
———————
Word Count: 3844

I reach over to the Side of the Bed, Swatting my hand back and forth looking for wherever i threw my trousers. Ravens hand falls on my chest for a moment before she pulls me back in for a deep kiss.

"When am i going to see you next?" she asks me with a hefty breath, Pulling the covers over her chest. Her Dark almond eyes beg me to stay but the way my Dad is blowing up my phone tells me if i stay here i might not live to see another day.

"Whenever you want to, Ma." Her tan skin shines against the sun that hits her bedroom. I stand up in a rush and put my trousers on

I pick up my phone in a hurry as it rings for the millionth time, swatting Ravens hand off me playfully as she pinches my back,

"Dad, whats up?" I say out of breath putting the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

"Whats up? Don't tell me you're serious Ace. You were supposed to be at church 30 minutes ago! I thought i told you to be here on time to open the building up, Over 10 families had to wait outside in the cold because of your irresponsibility." I roll my eyes throwing my shirt over my head. The sound of the people welcoming each other and the light gospel music blasts in the background,

I don't do church, not since I've learned too much lies in my family that can never be repaired, now they expect me to go into that building with a fake smile plastered on my face and be the perfect pastors son for what? The publicity? The fame? The reputation?

"Alright i messed up, my bad. Im on my way down now-"

"You don't get to keep messing up and having me cover you ace. You're 21 now. You're a grown man, I expect better from you son."

His disappointment stings in my ears. The only reason they find me in that building at all is perfect because i need the money. Its the first job i got since we moved from New York and i need to keep it,

I plan on saving enough money to get Raven out of this hell hole and into a proper house or at least into some place where she isn't sharing a kitchen with a family of mice.

"Thank God for Eden, if she didn't drive straight over at my call then we might have been sued." I squirm at her name.

Eden anderson, the image of perfection to too many people. Not a hair out of place with that one. I bet every Christian parent wants her as a wife for their son. In all her years i bet she's never even said so much as a damn curse word.

"Yeah... thanks God for her." I say sarcastically, I turn as Raven makes her way over to me from the other side of the Room. She steps over a million shirts and other random crap dumped on the floor to make her way to my body.

"Just get over here as soon as possible ace, dont play no games with me boy. You've got people here depending on you, if not for me and for you do it for your mother and sisters." He doesn't think thats who I've been pushing for all this time?

My Baby sisters are my life, I try every day to be better so they wont have to be polluted by the same things i was.

No secrets no shame no hiding for them is all i want but The way my face is plastered on the blogs every day for not being the perfect pastors son the world wanted me to be ruins any plans i had to keep them blinded in this world of evil.