⇒ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Psalm 103:13

As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.

𝐀𝐂𝐄
♤♤♤♤♤

Me:
I think i have been possessed

I send the message at lightning speed as i sit in the car outside the building I'm dreading walking into.

It doesn't take Ziana longer than a second to send a quick text back

Ziana:
Are you just now noticing it?

I spare a short chuckle at her text ignoring the impending discomfort that waits for me as soon as I actually get out of the car.

Me:
Whenever you're ready to be helpful let me know

Ziana:
Okay okay, YOH! What happened?

My fingers hover restlessly over the keypad unsure of how to describe the way im feeling. This isn't me, im not used to feeling like this but it feels uncontrollable around my eden.

Me:
You didn't see the news from over there?

My thumbs grips the side of the phone as i await her response watching the chat buttons bounce up and down killing me with anticipation

Ziana:
If i say yes would that make you feel bad?

Me:
Eh, i would be use to it. That's not the problem.

One of her obsessively used emoji's that looks like a confused detective.

Ziana:
So what is the problem?

Me:
I wouldn't exactly call it a problem, more of a new situation.

Ziana:
Like?...

My patience runs out faster than I thought it would. Im sickened by the fact that I can't easily express how i feel about eden because its right there. My worry is that i will keep disappointing her,

She deserves better.

Me:
Forget it.

My eyes look around the building when i hear the footsteps of a crowd walk past my car, i thank God for my tinted windows as i watch the young bouls all laugh amongst each other shoving each other playfully

It draws me back to reality, the car buzzes with the low tone of rap on the radio, the sun beams off of the black car top and hits perfectly on the temple of grace church sign.

The door looks ten times more daunting now than ever knowing i have to go in there and face my father. My lips crave for a taste of alcohol, something to stop how I'm feeling now.

I notice how long its been since i have actually had any alcohol. I can't decide if i am proud of myself for holding out this long or if im ashamed of myself for getting ready to break it all again.

My eye focuses on the door as if it's haunting me, i drop down the empty hole of possibilities until i am sucked back to life by the buzz of the phone in my hand.