⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

1 Corinthians 6:18

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

ACE
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

"How exactly will you be able to explain this to the people that see you every day!" I shout banging my fist on the table until it pulsates as i look on to the deep blooded scar on his forearm.

He doesn't even flinch as he uses his other hand to pluck out some more pieces of shredded glass from his wound while biting on one corner of his bottom lip. He breathes a hefty breath out when the piece of bloody glass drops onto my office table.

"Can you relax? This is not your business alright. That's not why i'm here." He huffs out in a calm tone while he drips his blood onto my table, pulling out another shard surgically.

"So you're here for what exactly? To sing songs to each other?" I ask sarcastically tilting my head, pulling the sheets of paper away from my face to see him plucking out another glass shard out of his flesh, cringing at the sight of it.

He glances up at me for a moment before sighing, grabbing a dry napkin from the tissue box on the table and dabbing his wound as if it actually helps, The tissue soaks up all of his dark red blood before it is dashed to the side.

"Where were you this weekend?" He asks me blankly, ripping another tissue out of the box, his focus on his arm as he taps it down. This is exactly why i had to rush back when i heard serenity had any interest in him. Zeph is a book that should never be opened.

"Don't start with that crap, alright? You aren't my father." I groan bringing my eyes back to my work, i have been shoving my face into any type of work since everything went down with Eden for this very reason, it's the last thing i plan to speak about with anyone,

"You are lucky i am not your father, because i was you would not have turned out the way you are now." He grunts turning his attention towards the bottle of alcohol that i have opened on my desk.

"And you are so perfect?" I ask not bothering to turn my eyes towards his,

"I can't be perfect. The world is not set up for me to perfect the way it is for you to be." He smites, as always. He scolds me like my father, yet another voice that is there to let me know how much of a nothing i am.

I am bitterly reminded of the only voice that pushed all of that to the side, the only voice that saw beyond that. that saw what even i couldn't see... The one that i let go.

My hand clutches onto the short glass filled with some bitter whiskey, chugging down what is left in it. Shaking my head at it's acidic sting.

"hmph." I make the mistake of looking at his face for a minute, seeing the disgust on it as i lick the remainder of the addictive poison off of the corner of my lip.

"If you came here to shame me or to look at me like you hate me the door is there for you to leave." I use the pen to point towards it absentmindedly, i hear his scoff followed by his judgmental silence, My finger continues to write some scribbles on the page in front of me but im snapped out of my calm state by the sound of a glass shattering that he throws on the wall beside me.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" I rise from my seat looking at the pieces on the floor,

"YOU HAVE CLEARLY LOST YOURS! PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S WHAT IT IS SO AT LEAST THERE WILL BE AN EXCUSE AS TO WHY YOU ARE SO STUPID!" He rises with me matching my shout.