⇒ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Ephesians 5:2

And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

"What is a relationship with God without complete and utter sacrifice?"

It feels good to be back in the church again. It feels like forever since i have got to enjoy the word. However the devil still finds a way to be present, I know what people are thinking already, they have all seen the news and the same looks ace was getting have now find a way to make it to me.

It's like I'm living in his skin and everything that he goes through has become me. I'm quickly reminded of the verse that mentions how Jesus became sin even though he was sinless. Is this how he felt? Is this how he was treated?

I twist the body of the office chair as i watch pastor Davis preach on the altar from the media booth.

"So tell me already! was it true?" Carly another media team member asks from beside me, she has been pressuring me all day about the news, asking if ace really fought for me or not and i have been giving her nothing in return.

My fingers click a few of the switches on the switchboard to fix the lighting while trying to avoid the fact carly is more interested in Gossip that she misses Pastor Davis's cue to put the bible verse he has been asking for 3 times on the screen.

I groan before reaching over and doing it for her.

"John 15:13? Media team where are you?" Annoyance fills me as i type it up getting it ready, i take a breath to calm myself.

When the verse is finally up, pastor davis is as gracious to continue on with his sermon which i can barely listen to because of Gossip.

"Just tell me and i will give it up. I mean i didn't even know you and ace had something going on all this time. I thought the guy was built of stone." Calm down eden.

"Can we just focus on the media carly? Ace is not God so let's not cut into God's time okay?" She squints her eyes leaning further into me,

"He isn't- he isn't hurting you is he?" I make a fist then put my hand under my thighs sitting on them so that i don't do or say the wrong thing.

"Hurting me? Is that a joke? I think you need to stop talking now." I point to the screen, her brows furrow and her face gives me a quick whats-her-deal glance before she bites her tongue and wheels her chair back to her side of the tight room.

For the first time since service started i have silence. And all that's left for me to focus on is the word.

"The issue isn't that people don't know that they have to give things up. It's that they know yet don't know how to sacrifice. People think they can come to Christ staying the exact same with the exact same sin and habits and for some reason believe the Lord is okay with that." The congregation mmm's among each other shaking their heads

"But can i tell you a secret brothers and sisters?" Pastor davis asks, i cue for the camera to change direction when i see him walk away from the altar and pace around with his hands intertwined in each other.

"Pane to camera 5" I say to the mic that leads to the camera team.

"The only one who says they have met Jesus and still continues in sin is a liar." All cues run out of my mind rapidly when his words convict me...