⇒ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Psalm 55:22

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾

Have i ever been embarrassed before? Sure. Have i ever been embarrassed like this before? Absolutely not. Me and serenity are dressed down in our matching baby pink foundation t-shirts which i paired with some matching black jeans and a Chanel Belt.

These jeans are ones that serenity begged me to wear instead of my loose ones. She said it would look out of place on me but these jeans hug my lower body so tight.

Showing all my gaping hip dips and all my imperfections...

Meanwhile serenity looks perfect as she styled her baby pink foundation shirt into a crop top with a matching Chanel belt and a black mini skirt that slants upwards at one side with a few silver metal holes scattered all around the band.

She paired it with some black platform boots with two cute silver chains dangling on each end of the shoes that go all the way up to her knees only leaving her upper thigh to be shown.

Her bright red beaded cornrows lay flat behind her back. My best friend looks beautiful.

My gold beaded braids are up in a high ponytail at the top of my head with two strands falling at each side.

Me and serenity got the keys for this small studio a few hours ago and ever since then we have been decorating like crazy.

The whole room is filled with pink balloons, banners and all types of decorations to celebrate the foundation. We have all the tables filled with special plates and sandwiches.

We even made some American traditional dishes...

But its been over an hour and not a single person showed up for the cause!

My attention is ripped away from this embarrassment and put right onto the phone that buzzes in my pocket. I lash it out like it was on fire to see who it was but disappointment is all I feel when i see baba's billionth text message sent to me in the last hour alone.

I have no idea what's up with him and i try not to put my attention on it either because tonight is only about this cause.

"Nobody cares about the health of black women? Nobody?" Serenity sighs shaking her head disappointedly, but all i can do is look over my shoulder 24/7 hoping that ace walks through the doors.

It's better to assume he is just late than to assume the other thing... that he is with someone else.

"Im sorry serenity, i know how disappointing this turn out must be for you." I say giving her a side hug but she only returns it by leaning her head on me.

"It's not about me... the truth is, i wanted a lot of people to come so you can know that you're not alone in this." Her words trigger something inside me that make me want to escape.

"I don't want to talk about this whole thing serenity..." I say with a hand up ready to run away but she stops me by putting a hand on my thigh,

The truth about our foundation goes much deeper than what meets the eye. Its something i refuse to settle on, something i refuse to let my mind stay on for longer than the second it already does.