⇒ CHAPTER THREE

𝟙 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟 𝟚:𝟙𝟞
𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕—𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕙 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖—𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

I jump off the bus, all but running into the church building after getting Pastor Davis's text to meet up in the church i had to come asap.

Before i rush into the Massive building i stop at the front of the door, Fixing my matte black head scarf to go all the way to the front of my hairline as the end's wrap around my neck resting on my shoulders.

Veiling has been something i have always done ever since i lived in Nigeria, i was confused about it at first because i thought it was a think that was only for Muslims but as i got older my mother ministered to me that we wear headscarf's whenever we want to get into the presence of the Lord as a way of submission.

To humble ourselves in front of the Lord and to express our modesty and respect not for men but for God.

She made sure she taught me that wearing one is a choice for Christian women and that not wearing one won't make God love you any less. When I had the choice in front of me i knew it was best for me to wear one.

I walk into the Church building waving at some of the elders that pass by me to spend some time with the Lord. I've been going to the temple of Grace as soon as it set up its branch in Atlanta 7 years ago and have loved the community created here because of it ever since.

I finally make it to Pastor Davis's office, Knocking on the door and clutching on my Tablet as i wait, my eyes soften at the sight of Ace's father Pastor Maleek Davis.

"Eden! Thank you for joining me, daughter." He exclaims slapping a heavy hand on my shoulder

"Thank you for inviting me sir," i Bend my knees to him until they tap the floor and i stand straight again, His eyebrows shoot up,

"You know i will never get used to that bowing thing. It makes me feel like a king." He chuckles to himself as he steps aside to let me into the room,

Greeting has always been important in a traditional Nigerian culture, My baba use to lecture me for hours when i would forget to greet my elders properly and now it's become second nature.

When i walk into the large homey office i see a few familiar faces from the other ministers who work different departments of the church. Its a huge church so it takes a village to make the wheels keep turning.

I notice Oliver here of course, he just started coming to the church not too long ago and works as the head music department already, I wave at him innocently not wanting anyone to know what we have.

Mostly because im not sure what we have myself.

"Please eden, take a seat." He points to a chair placed beside Greta, The head of the accounting department. She's been a banker for all of her life so there was no one better to pick than her,