⇒ CHAPTER EIGHT

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

These classes get more exciting every time i come to them. But you wouldn't be able to tell by the looks on the faces of all these University students. They look like depressed english bulldogs.

"Did you tell your father about us yet eden?" Oliver's voice pitches in from beside me over the sound of the professor who scratches some coding scribbles on the chalkboard.

"Oliver how many times do i have to say, the time is not right yet." I say speedily trying not to miss a single thing my professor teaches.

I have one thing on mind right now, Getting my degree so I don't get forced to babysit someone's son full time instead of living the life God intended for me.

"Well when will the time be right eden? How much longer do i have to wait for you?" I try to mute his voice by focusing on the rows of students in the lecture hall clearly disengaged by the lesson.

My fingers type recklessly on my laptop keypad trying to keep up with the confusing lecture only to be disturbed by Oliver. He doesn't understand how annoying this can be. He's a perfect a plus student so he doesn't need to pay 100% attention to the classes

Plus if he fails he doesn't have to worry about losing anything meanwhile i have to worry about losing everything i worked for.

"Eden..." i keep my sigh in trying not too be rude but my hand grips so hard on my pen that it almost snaps in two.

Calm down eden... slow to anger eden...

"Oliver, can we please just talk about this later? I can't miss this content." I force a smile while i use my pen to point to the lecturer speeding around the board adding a million incomprehensible points by the second.

His finger moving so fast he almost rips out of his grey suede jacket.

"You always say this and nothing ever changes. Nothing ever changes with you eden does it." He shakes his head tutting before spinning back around to his own space.

"It's not that i don't want to... it's just that. Well you know how it is with my baba. If he heard about you he would do everything to make me a housewife by tomorrow."

"Is that really so bad? You just have to sit at home and clean up a bit what's so bad about that?" I swallow back my words. Im not in the mood to argue right now especially when im trying to get close to God after how much i have been sinning.

The last time i met ace tested all of my patience and tempted me to the highest level. I practically burned my hard with how much i slammed the rubber band against my wrist.

"I mean seriously though Eden. As a Christian woman let's just use the bible for evidence-" my head turns when he mentions the word of God. Oliver is hands down the smartest guy in our entire class but alas he is still an African man. It's not his fault though, he's just like baba use to the tradition.

But that same tradition is the very thing that i try my best to run away from.

"The bible tells us clearly that women are supposed to be silent and to be submissive. So what's wrong with what your baba is saying? he's just sticking to the right Godly laws. If you ask me, its a blessing to have a man who still understands what a woman of God really is supposed to be, not all these women empowerment movements." Dont glare eden. Calm yourself.