⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

2 Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

𝐀𝐂𝐄
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

All that's left is an intense heart beat as Candace tries to regroup looking for her next victim. She glances at me for a moment before coming to her senses.

"How about you?" She points at Eden's friend serenity who looks just as enthusiastic as i do...

"Um okay then..." she crosses her legs so that her extremely mini black leather skirt doesn't show what it doesn't need to.

I turn my eyes out of respect as she adjusts herself in the seat.

"Since the trauma train has already taken off i may as well jump on right?" She giggles with the others who join her,

"Well, my mother died when i was a lot younger and to say that she was the only person i knew that had some type of fire for God would be an understatement." She tucks her hair behind her shoulder.

"She loved God, passionately. I mean church every Wednesday and Sunday, evangelism and playing every Gospel song known to man." She gives a blank look to a distance almost as if she is going back to it all.

"I loved that for her, she knew what she was here for. She served God whole heartedly is what my dad never stops telling me. But when she died it's like that bit of God in my family died down." Her finger intertwine with each other,

"I mean don't get me wrong i know he exists but i find myself wondering why everything happened the way it did. I see how it affected my father, i see how lonely he is and it destroys me. I have this sense of responsibility on my shoulders to be to him what will fill that void and that gets really heavy you know?" I can't help but start to see serenity in a whole new light today.

"I understand you..." candace chips in with a warm tone to avoid another Zephaniah situation i assume,

"And with that responsibility comes so much pressure. I mean look at me, i want to love God so bad but i love fashion, i love wearing and making these clothes-" she tugs on the tight black and white cropped top that shows her stomach enough to see every piercing,

"I can't stop thinking that I wont ever be good enough for God because the truth is being holy is a struggle to me you know?" She offers looking at every face in the circle as they respond with low yeses and nods.

"It's a struggle but it's not impossible-" Barbie speaks up leaning her head further out to get a view of serenity. I never made the connection before but serenity's dressing now is almost the complete same if not worse than barbies was before.

"There's a misconception that holiness is this thing that is so out of reach, so far from us that we can only look at it and hope that we can touch it but that's not the truth." She adds,

"The truth is before Jesus, we were sinners and now that we have Christ we are no longer sinners but we are Holy, we are righteous, we are clean because when we accept Jesus we take on his identity and his identity is Holy." Pens go straight to pads with every word barbie speaks, i have no pen but her words speak straight to me.

"I mean I used to dress just like you, people looked at me as the blonde bimbo with huge boobs and skimpy dressing and i mean they weren't to far off." She laughs at herself with a hand to her lips.

"I went to the temple of Grace church the first time when it was back in New York and was just like you. I felt dirty at first until pastor troy treated me with so much acceptance that i never received before..." her hand goes to her heart with slow blinks at the mention of pastor troy,