⇒ CHAPTER NINE

𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟 𝟙𝟘:𝟙𝟘
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕪. 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕓𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕪

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾

"Are you sure that you can't push it down any harder?" I exclaim to ace peering over his side as he pushes down on the handle with all of his strength, but I can't trust if he's actually trying or not.

"If i push it down any harder than this my arm is going to leave it's socket." I find my fingertips in my mouth biting down anxiously on my nails while he pushes down again and again and again.

"Can you just... just keep trying?" I ask worryingly, but there's no use it's not budging it needs the key and if im not mistaken the janitor is out for the rest of the day!

"What exactly do you think I've been doing for the past 10 minutes, eden?" He looks back at me with pursed lips pressing down on the door handle with more force.

"Well can you just try harder?"

"If you think it's so simple please be my guest..." he steps aside motioning his hand towards the door handle. I look at it like it's my greatest opponent before stepping up to it.

"Fine, i will do it on my own. Im strong enough anyway." He snickers under his breath crossing his arms over his chest getting ready to be entertained.

I crunch my fingers trying my hardest not to break them. I know I probably have as much of a chance as ace did but i try anyway.

My fingers grip around the cold doorknob and with a dragged out breath i press down on the handle with all my might,

My cheeks fill up with so much air from how much pressure i put on it, before i know it im pressing down so hard on it that im being lifted off of the floor!

And still it's not budging not a bit,

"Don't hurt yourself." my head whips back when i hear ace sniggering, his smile threatening to get wider at my failure.

"Ha ha, instead of laughing can you help me out with this?! I have work to do and I don't want to miss out on anything-" He sighs shaking his head like I'm doing something wrong.

"Do you always have to be like that?" He says nonchalantly, i stepped away from the door handle slapping my hands together to get rid of the pain.

"Entertain me then, do i always have to be like what?"

"You know... like that. Like eden. Always wanting to be perfect, always having to be the best at everything you do."

"You're not actually going to fault me for wanting to be the best version of myself are you?" His smile that was once there quickly faded away,

"Do you know what it's like to actually let loose? To actually put down the good girl act and just enjoy yourself?" The way he just leans against the stone wall, so un-entertained triggers me.

Its scary how quickly an atmosphere can change in a split second, how easily danger can make the real you cone out.

"Have you ever thought that maybe this isn't an act? Maybe this is just how i am as a person?" He rolls his eyes not believing my words for a second.

"I perish the thought of it."

"Egba mi..." i groan with my hand on my forehead and the other on my hip trying to calm my body heat down not that's it's working.