⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

1 Corinthians 15:33

Do not be deceived, "Bad company ruins good morals."

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽

✾✾✾✾✾✾

Its been a day since me and ace have met up, a day since that torture and that closed door between us. Things were left so blurry between us. Everything is undecided, yet it's clear that there is no future for us and how stupid do i feel for believing that we could actually be something.

Now i'm stuck in this pool of confusion, especially since he rushed me out of his place the other day at the simple mention of his uncle. But if that wasn't convincing enough me, the car ride was the icing on the cake.

I have been stuck in the car with ace for so long i lost count. The only solution after the uncomfortable quietness in the car was to fall straight asleep. It pains me that i felt so comfortable with ace that i could close my eyes around him and trust that i would get back safely, even after the car broke down.

The time goes by slowly and i can only hear him tap his fingers on the wheel to a tune of some low gospel music.

The second i heard it i had asked him how he knew this and why he was playing it, he decided to destroy what was left of me by telling me it's what he thought would give me some comfort. We both coughed avoiding eye contact like it would hurt us, it was all so awkward considering where we left off, but regardless i found the courage to thank him humbly before going back to sleep,

That was almost 30 minutes ago and I can't stop it from replaying in my mind.

I blink my eyes open sitting up straight in the car and stretching my back like it hurt, when i hear the sound of the hectic streets of Philadelphia.

it seems like a fever dream when i see us drive into humanity again, i see houses and kids playing, cars beeping and i know that we are back in the city.

"Okay... this is your stop." Ace says as he pulls the car up to the driveway, it feels like i have been gone for years and i have so much stored up that my diary might just need a sister.

The second i turn on my phone it vibrates so much it almost falls off of my lap,

"You're more popular than i thought." He purses his lips teasing his eyes away from my phone although it's obvious he is tempted to check who it is.

"I don't think so, It's just oliver..." i wave him off trying to hold my phone but it tickles from how much it dings and shakes in my grip.

"Oliver... hmm, I thought that was over?" He mutters under his breath, still not looking at me.

"You seem jealous?" I poke fun at him, but then quickly get convicted for the first time in a whil-

For the first time in a while...

I just got convicted for the first time in a while...

A feeling hit my stomach that I can't explain, a feeling that i know the root of, but am too scared to explore. To guilt ridden to test.