⇒ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

1 Corinthians 6:18

Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to force you." I thought i was prepared for all of this but the way my heart beats out of my chest proves me wrong, we are in the house already sitting in the living room waiting for baba to come downstairs

I'm hoping that some way despite what the news says... the neighbour hood... oliver... well let's face it, despite what everybody says i am praying that baba can see ace the way that i see him because i would be a fool t act like my dad is not an important part of my life.

"If i wasn't sure i wouldn't be here right now." Ace places a hand on my knee to reassure me but despite how comforting it feels, the silver watch flattening on my leg and all, i am still nervous as ever. This could be the best or worse decision we have both made.

"Hey, look at me." He lifts my chin to his face until our eyes meet,

"We are in this together, right?" he asks giving me a warm smile dipping his head a bit, I return a smile trying to masquerade whatever it is I'm feeling inside.

"Right." Ace is dressed down in a dressy white shirt with only the collar of it being shown under his black knitted cardigan shirt. His black bottoms are simple but not too simple that baba would look at him like he is some ashewo.

Well at least i hope not...

I wonder to myself if it's too obvious i picked out the outfit for him, his brown afro has been tied back and his stubble shaved to make him look that much more neat.

My leg taps aggressively on the floor as i wait for baba to come downstairs, he takes his time as if he knows that the waiting is enough torture for me as it is.

Ace's hold on my leg get's that much stronger as he rubs my knee to try and calm me down, it does. he does. I lean my head against his shoulder and try to soak up any bit of him that i can before the act will begin.

"Thank you for agreeing to this, i still wonder what makes you this crazy to do things like this." I tuck my arm around his bicep and hold tight with my eyes closed shut.

"You. you're the reason Eden, you're the only reason." He assures me placing a risky kiss on my forehead, although it's meant to calm me down it only raises my anxiety as i wonder if baba saw it.

"I love how you say my name." I whisper before looking over my shoulder like a guilty criminal.

"So you don't want me to call you kitten then?" I burst out in an embarrassingly loud cackle, he gives a satisfied smirk like that laugh is all that he wanted from me. As if his internal mission has been completed.

"If you call me that i would be forced to attack you." I tease leaning back on his shoulder,

"You see im sure it's something about your place that causes people to attack-"

"Uh uh, don't try that one we are covered and protected" I spit back quickly,

"We gon' test that logic by how your father treats me today." My frown is back at the possibilities that could happen today, it dawns on me how terrified i am of the outcome. In my mind ace is every green flag to ever exist, but in my baba's mind ace ticks no boxes.