⇒ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

A knock bangs on my door and immediately i know who it is, I jump up from my lying position in the bed waking straight up from my sleep,

I blink myself awake turning my head to each side looking for who i stupidly thought would be here. My hand bangs on the fluffy covers and they jump back at me with how soft they are but there's nobody here but me.

Just me.

Im in the same clothes as last night, i reek of alcohol after not even being able to take a shower with the thoughts that filled my mind from yesterday. I tried all that i could to forget it all, to pretending none of it happened.

Pretending he didn't ask me to leave, pretending he didn't push me down to the floor, pretending he didn't let me go without stopping me.

My stomach turns with the daunting feeling that I'm going to see him again today. And then the even more daunting feeling that he is outside of the door knocking for me made me that much more scared.

I rush up from the bed without waiting a second, throwing the covers back onto the bed and running up to the door when it gives that knock again, i peak through the peep whole and take the deepest breath of relief when i see a short man with slicked back hair and a work suit with a towel over his folded arm.

I don't bother to see what i look like, or even to care. I simply open the door to hear what he has to say,

"Good morning, ma'am. We hope your night was good, i was sent up here by Mr Davis to check up on you. He is offering you some lunch downstairs if you would like." He gives me the warmest smile to me which reminds me that as horrible as this place may seem it may not be that bad.

"As kind as that is, i have a bigger favour to ask from you." I leaned forward in the door frame looking to my left and right hoping that it's empty which it is.

"I need a cab asap, i need to get out of here and to get home can you do that for me?" I plead with my hands together but his face already tells me the answer is no.

"I'm sorry ma'am even if i wanted to help you, all of the call logs and the finances go through Mr Davis and i just got this job-" I groan and slam a hand to my forehead

I turn around rushing through the pile of things that are on the table to find my bag, when i do i grab my purse and pull out all the little cash i have in it.

"What if i pay you by cash?" I jump my brows nudging the money closer to his chest, he looks hard at it for a moment just to turn it away and step back.

"Mr Davis will be expecting you down for lunch in an hour." I throw the money on the bed grudgingly, i just want to go home...

"If it's any consolation, yesterday was just an extremely busy day, all of the party people have left last night and the food hall has been cleaned-"

"No its okay, thank you so much honestly. You have been a great help." I give him a warm smile because none of this is his fault, he responds by nodding once and walking back out closing the door behind after he drops the towel and some new clothes on the table beside the door.

I quickly realise that i have very little choice right now, I'm living in ace's reality. Controlled by him, doing what he wants, wearing what he wants however he wants it.