⇒ CHAPTER-THIRTY SIX

John 15:16

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽

✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

"I think that should about do it." Pastor Davis says wipes his hands after putting grace down on the couch in the corner of his office. Thankfully it's big enough for her to have that space to rest and for there to still be room for us to have this daunting conversation.

What makes it daunting? the fact i just saw Oliver walk out of this same room with the look of the enemy in his eyes less than a minute ago. I have no idea what he told pastor davis and what Pastor Davis told him to make him so mad.

But by the way Pastor Davis sits behind his desk with his hands clamped together on the surface i guess i am about to find out. His face gives out no expression for an uncomfortable amount of time leaving my mind to wander in every single thought. It's clearly evident how nervous i am by the way i bite on the inside of my lip avoiding any eye contact with him.

"You can breathe." My eyes snap to his face,

"Sir?"

"You can breathe, it looks like you are about to pass out." He says with a slight grin on his lips, it eases some of my anxiety but only some. Regardless i allow myself to take a breath in... then a breath out. I repeat the process until i don't feel lightheaded anymore.

"Eden, how are you doing?" He starts off sitting back into his fancy black office chair, His elbow leans onto the desk surface, acting like a shelf for his chin as the other lies flat on the table.

"Um... i guess i'm fine. Thank you for asking." My voice hitches as a way to tortuously show my guilt. He squints his eyes at me like he is reading me or looking for something deeper. I clear my throat looking to the floor hoping some way the Lord can help me escape this with a miracle or something.

"Sir, im sorry i don't mean to be rude but im really confused is there a reason i was called here?" I say through a cringe smile. He scratches the beard on his chin before looking back at me with raised brows.

I know what this is, he is waiting for me to open up to him. But about what?! My mind races through the options recklessly,

Masturbation and Porn issues? My mommy issues? My infertility? The fight? Or maybe it's about the fact that i am falling for his son? I hate this.

"Okay... why don't we start with what name you prefer?" He says leaning further into the desk, i scratch my head at his question.

"Eden... Daughter of God or maybe My daughter in law?" Oh my-

I uncontrollably blush from cheek to cheek, feeling my body heat up at his words I try to blink to see if this is actually happening or maybe i'm just crazy.

My word, i hope it's the second one.

"Excuse me?" He catches himself in deep chuckles and i join along to try and release myself from some of the tension.

"Eden, i could not believe my ears when i heard from Joel that my son, ace, the same stubborn ace that i can't even get to say more than 5 holy sentences would be trying to pursue you." He sounds more baffled than ever almost like he is trying to convince himself that it could actually be true.