⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY

Romans 3:23

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

𝐀𝐂𝐄

♤♤♤♤♤

Present time:

"Did your ex girlfriend have an abortion when she was with you?" Her words make my heart skip too many beats that i wonder how i am still breathing, If i am still breathing at all. Because the only way she could possibly know that is if she-

Read the journal. My eyes face away from Eden's not even registering her or anything about the room i am in, my mind only being able to focus on what else she could have possibly read in that journal. What else does she possibly know about me?

Then it all makes sense, why she acted out the second that i came back from the bathroom at her place, why she ignored me in the car, why she wants to go home so bad, why she keeps on fighting this, fighting us. She read me, she knows the depths of me... and she hated what she read.

My stomach threatens to let it's contents out when the thought dawns on me. She read what i couldn't tell her and she pushed me away because of it. Exactly what i expected her to do. Exactly what they all do. And now she looks up at me with such saddened eyes, waiting for me to tell her what she wants to hear but i can't. I have to be honest because i know if i lie to her, it could make whatever chances we have completely disappear.

"Yes... she did." I breathe out, finally turning my eyes down to her face scared of the look that she gives me back, she bites her bottom lip to shut her words away but her expression tells me whatever her mouth wont.

She gulps down before she tries to sit up, distancing her body away from mine, but i hold onto her arm,

"Eden wait..." I whisper but she shoves my grip off of her, and sits straight, facing the wall ahead with a blank stare on her face. It doesn't take long before she is hunched over herself and i sit up with her.

"Let me explain myself to you eden. Please?" I have never reached such a gentle tone as i lean my head down to her but she doesn't dare to look at my face, her lips pout slightly and it breaks me.

I hurry off of the couch, forgetting all of my pride and getting on my knees in front of her as her face dips down to the floor, her hands hold the side of her face and i can see she is trying everything that she can to control her breaths,

"Me and raven... we aren't anything anymore. She is my ex, i broke it all off because... i want you eden that's why." I force my words out, it's hard to admit that i want her, but i need to accept it, so that she knows that every action i have taken so far is for her.

"So, she... so you got her pregnant?" My eyes widened at her words as she looked at me for the first time, her glassy doe eyes are filled with a dying hope. She thinks the baby was mine? I can't help but feel some relief for the fact that i will get to say no and it could bring some part of her back to me.

I am about to open my mouth to say the words but then i remember...

"You tell no-one, you understand me?" He mutters finally looking up towards me, but im mute as i hear the voice of the begging man on the ground unable to move, but im sure he would rather be dead than to live this physical and mental pain

At least that what i keep telling myself to justify any of this.

"I wouldn't dare