⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾

"I have an offer for you eden, but i need to make sure you can be up to it. Are you up to it?" He asks crossing his hands on the table.

I gulp asking myself am i up for it? I guess there's only one way to find out.

"do you have a job?" He asks clicking the tip of his pen as he raises a brow,

"I use to, but it wasn't for me..." i shiver when i remember my part time job as a high school cleaner. It wasn't glamorous but it got me where i needed to be. I had to find some way to afford University and now that I quit I have been living off my baba and any funding i can find.

"Would you like one?" A glimmer is in his eye at the question but maybe it's because of how huge my smile is!

"A job? As in a paying job?" This would be a step closer to my independence and if i can prove to baba that i can afford my own lifestyle then maybe he will let go of this whole marriage thing.

"I mean i could give it to you for free, some volunteer work? What do you think." I kept a forced smile on my lips trying not to show my disappointment, but the illusion of gratitude is slowly fading away.

"Im kidding, little miss." He chuckles and it sounds so deep its a vibration. Thank God. He stops clicking his pen and grabs a sheet of paper, his eyes are away from me when he starts to write,

"The job is at the Christ cafe branch down here in Philadelphia. It's a great location, 24/7 security and a warm environment which i think you could add to." He says still writing on his paper,

"You think that sir?" I ask, hoping someone can remind me of what i use to be.

"Of course. The light of God shines through you. That's why I'm offering you the Job." His head lifts only for a moment to give me a tight lipped smile before it drops down again.

"You would be working front of house and sometimes be dealing with the food if needed-"

"Oh but... I don't have much experience in baking sir." I say in a nervous tone,

"That's fine, My wife is on the grounds most of the time I'm sure she can run you through some things." I give an obvious phew. I don't know how everything manages to work out for me but it is, even when i dont deserve it, Jesus still pulls through.

"I know you're a student so you can pick what hours suit you, just let the rest of the staff know on time and all should be fine." He clicks the end of his pen for a final time pressing it onto the table in front of him.

He picks up the notepad he has been scribbling mysterious on and rips off a sheet.

"Here-" He slides it to me on the table and i quickly get up to take it.

"Thank you sir." I respond before looking down at it and my jaw almost dropping when what he has been writing has been revealed.

"This is the location and the payment you would receive weekly." Woah... this is more than i have ever made! It almost feels wrong to take it, i mean i am going to but it still feels wrong.