⇒ CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

This is a long chapter so enjoy

Song of Songs 1:15
Behold, you are beautiful, my love;
behold, you are beautiful;
Your eyes are doves.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

Im going to enjoy myself tonight, I don't care what my mind is trying to convince me to do. I'm not going to focus on my diary, my sin, anything but my happiness.

Because i am a spark and i deserve this.

I have no idea where ace is taking me tonight but for some reason i agreed, who knows it might actually end up good. I haven't had a break from baba texting me about marriage and oliver on the other side doing the same thing, serenity has clearly moved on with Zephaniah and well it just seems like everyone has managed to go forward but me.

I pull up to the building where ace told me to meet him, he practically begged to pick me up but he has done more than enough so far so i said the least i could do was bring myself to the place.

I take a breath out as i look out my window at the dark building beside me. It's a quiet area, scary quiet is this another building he owns or something? 

I hesitate to get out wondering if maybe I'm too overdressed in my black body-con dress, i looked at myself hard in the mirror before realising i may have too much body for this one so i found a nice bright red cardigan to wear over it so that it ends at just about my waist.

A high pony with two curly strands seemed to fit my hair the best, with some light makeup to match.

It's not too much, but it's enough... i say a quick prayer before i get out of my car, chewing on my bottom lip as my nerves creep up. I know i have known ace ever since his family has moved into Philly but I'm still so nervous being around him.

There is nobody around me, the blow of the wind is strong and the sounds of crickets prove the lateness of the bight.

the street is beyond empty with nothing but an orange street light that blinks on and off making me rush closer to the building.

I squint my eyes when i get closer, finally seeing a bit of hope at the creek of the door ahead. I finally see a bit of light! Although it's completely red.

I near the door and hear the beat of some loud music, the bass being so loud i can hear its attempt to drown out the voices of the people inside and whatever else awaits me.

I'm tempted to text ace, to tell him to save me from whatever I'm about to walk into, but then i realise this was his idea, he wants to show me who he is by taking me here and i will soak it all in.

With that i pull back on my small black purse and press on the door handle to open the door. I am distracted from how sticky it is by the blinding red lights from the room.

It's hard to make out what exactly this place is... a club? a meet-up spot? I have no idea but whatever this place is messes up my mind because i the vibes of the place are completely different to the people inside.

Crop tops, mini skirts, bikini tops and stripper heels... the guys are only what i can assume to be so high that I can't even make out what they're wearing while slouched over the chairs and tables.