⇒ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Psalm 50:15

And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

𝙴𝙳𝙴𝙽
✾✾✾✾✾✾✾✾

The weather is matching of my mood right now, the sunset dipping down to let the sunshine shy away from the day.

No more light, only you waiting for the darkness to hit. I have lost all strength to fight back, i have lost all reason to argue with this man who i thought i was getting to know at one point, now i'm realizing i know nothing about him at all.

We are driving down a quiet road which i don't even bother to question it's not like i have too much of a choice anyway. He locked the doors tight... i checked. I'm sat tight lipped my legs so far pointed towards the door that my knees touch it.

Meanwhile ace sits calm as ever driving down what seems like a never ending road that darkens with the hours that it takes to get there, trying to make all types of small talk in between which is only met by my silence.

Do i feel horrible about it yes but this is his doing! Forgive me God.

"Talk to me." His voice is painfully authoritative, as if i owe him something as if my words are his entitlement.

"Is that a demand?" My bland tone asks, my arms are crossed over my chest as i keep my head facing forward

I can feel his stare against the side of my face, like his eyes are burning holes through me but i ignore it all letting him talk to my side profile.

"Talk to me... please." He corrects himself making it sound like each word physically hurt him to get out.

"No." He grunts in frustration tightening his fingers on the wheel. At one point i was in this car with a completely different mindset, just a nervous girl who had a silly crush and now i wonder if i have gone too far with ace.

If maybe i shouldn't have wanted this at all. Then again i have only myself to blame, i wanted to know him... and i got to. and if even the smallest part of him can scare this much i wonder what anything else would do.

The noiselessness in the car is enough to make me want to jump out of the window, so i do what any sane person would, i go for the radio. Anything but whatever this is,

"Don't touch that." He says pushing my hand back with barely any force,

"It's the radio... what's your deal?" I sigh before i reach my hand back to turn it on again only for my hand to be pushed back once again,

"If we don't talk, we won't listen to other people talk." I scoff, he can't be serious. I double check his face just to make sure but... he's actually serious.

"How about people singing then?"

"I don't have any christian radio stations on there unfortunately but i will take a note for next time..." He says sarcastically still facing the road ahead of him,

"Was that supposed to be a joke?" How is he so amused by this all, it's infuriating and it only brings us back to the first step... The silent game.

The stillness in the car is balanced out by the uncomfortable tension, sounds of stones and pebbles hit against the bottom of the car as it shakes when it takes us off road. When we turn off into a distance i start to worry...