⇒ CHAPTER-TWENTY-FIVE

Romans 10:9
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

𝐀𝐂𝐄
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I walk into the cafe taking off my trench coat as the weather reminds me that we are getting closer to winter time. If the freezing cold wasn't enough of an indicator of that, the rain is telling. I shake a hand through my hair which i really regret not getting cut and drops of rain drip down from it.

There are a few customers that invade the cafe, drinking their cups of coffee and laughing in the warm building. They look at me for a moment as i hang my trench coat on the coat hanger at the front of house. None of them saying as much as a word to me, like they are scared because of what they have seen or what they have heard

I watch their faces visibly droop as i step further into the building, their conversations dying with the dark atmosphere which is me. As if i carry a gloomy cloud over my head, they don't dare start speaking again when im in the room, only hiding their heads behind their cups of hot chocolate that im paying for.

I roll my eyes clamping my lips together proving their attitudes towards me to be right yet once again. I feel a hard bump on my back from the door that makes me turn my head around only to see a distressed Eden stomp in with a soggy umbrella that is flipped inside out.

Even drenched from the rain she still manages to look angelic, she wears a puffy jacket over her plain black sweater with a silver necklace and the bracelet that i got her

Her hips are a work of art in those dark blue jeans that cling to her skin, her thighs are thick tempting me wickedly, her hips dip in slightly at the sides...

Mona Lisa. That's all i see. A very wet frustrated mona lisa.

"Sorry! I didn't see you there." She spares me a glance before she goes back to battling the broken umbrella, shaking it back and forth making rain drops splash everywhere.

"How could you, as little as i am." I tease smirking in response to her sarcastic nose scrunch.

"Haha." She scorns before grunting as she throws the umbrella to the floor. I take a mental note to get her a new umbrella, one that doesn't look like she got it out of some dollar store. Louis, Chanel maybe?

"Um..." she runs a hand through her freshly coloured hair that looks like it's about to curl back at any point.

"Im sorry if i have been treating you unfairly, I understand how-" i lift a hand to silence her,

"Please dont. It's me that should apologise for being so forward with you when i always knew about your faith and how much of a role it plays for you." I offer, i see her chest deflate with relief,

"You're something else you know that?" She smirks,

"So i have been told. However I'm sure not in the same manner you are using right now." We lowly chuckle to each other before our heads hang low and there is this comfortable tension between us, both of us wanting to say so much more but refusing to give in.

"So we are good?" She twists her foot into the floor while pulling at her sweater sleeve,

"I suppose, I mean i have no other option than to tolerate you now that you work here right?" I say jokingly releasing some of the tension,

She puts her pinky finger in the air in front of me with pursed lips, i look to it expectantly...

"What's this?" I wave towards her hand carelessly,