⇒ CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Luke 15:7

I say unto you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine righteous persons, who need no repentance.

𝐀𝐂𝐄

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

It feels like i haven't seen her in years, that's how i know that what we have is deeper than what i could have ever expected. I have made up my mind that eden is what i want, that eden is all i have wanted and all that i will want, forget all of this waiting. I need her now.

My fingers flick the switch on the wall beside me that trigger the hall to go dark, i look down at what i did in half amazement, half shock at who i have become. Rose petals that trickle on the dark floor leading all the way to the sitting area, it took almost everything in me to move the couch and the table out the way but as i walk along the rose path i made and see the balloon sign that reads

Be mine

I purse my lips with pride, not too far away from the silver holographic balloons that blow is the fireplace that i had lit. I cringe at how corny i have become but for her... I breathe out when i imagine her face, that perfect face.

I tap my finger on the side of the candle glass to shift it exactly into place on the mantle, some romantic music whispers in the background. Did i over do it? Probably.

I flick my wrist back looking to my watch and seeing the time, i asked if she could meet me down here an hour ago but i assume she is with her friend since it is christmas... so i decide to lean against the wall closing my eyes and taking this all in.

I can't remember the last time i had a drink, i can't remember the last time i have craved for one. It's like i have been working so much that i can't even focus on anything but that. So this is needed just as much for me as it is for her.

Although i have smoked a bit here and there i would like to believe that it's somewhat of an achievement. I have still been avoiding my father and the church- but that's for obvious reasons. I groan trying to get myself out of that overthinking pattern, I click my fingers humming along to the music as i pace slowly around my place.

My head turns rapidly at the sound of 2 loud bangs at my door, what the- I straighten myself out before hearing the bangs again, only this time they are louder... and then faster.

Before i can fully press down on the door handle i am grabbed by the collar by a distressed Zephaniah, His eyes look bloodshot red as they burst open at me, he puffs air in and out like an animal

"I SAW HIM!" He yells,

"Merry christmas to you too..." I utter,

"Zeph, what happened?!" I exclaim trying to shove him off of my body but his grip is frighteningly strong on me as he shoves me into the house-

"ZEPH!"

"I saw him!" He shouts in a voice that's so empty yet so full, i try and comprehend what he is saying but he can barely get his words out with how out of it he looks,

"You been drinking?" My question triggered something in his body, he turned around like something you see in a horror film or something, it gave me chills the look of anger he gave me.