⇒ CHAPTER TEN

2 ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 7:10
𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕝𝕪 𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕗 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕥, 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕𝕝𝕪 𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕗 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙.

𝐀𝐂𝐄
♤♤♤♤♤

I didn't want to leave her. It take's everything within not to scream out when I realise I didn't want to leave her. I knew i had my phone with me the whole time, help was only a call away but i chose to stay with her instead.

I can't possibly be having feelings for eden Anderson. No, i cant. I just... i like her company is all. I may enjoy hearing her cackle of a laugh too, I suppose her curiosity about everything wasn't bad either. And i didn't mind the fact that she was one of the few people who i can hold a decent conversation with-

Wait what am i saying. Get a grip ace!

I grasp so hard onto the steering wheel trying to remind myself that im actually driving and not to zone out every five seconds that I remember what it was like locked in that room with little miss sunshine.

The roads are dull as the day leaves to make way for the evening. The pitch black roads marked with fading white lines are empty as my distance goes further and further away from Philly and closer to a place i have always called home.

I look from the mirror in front of me to check my back window, there's only been 10 of the same cars that have followed down this direction with me. I always like to take a secret path over here to escape the traffic.

I didn't know anyone else knew what this path was but apparently this one small car must know because it's been following me ever since i left philly.

The sound of somewhat calm city that i was once in is quickly pushed out by bustling and hustling of New York city.

The change in cities is like someone turned on a light switch, The city is full of busyness, everyone having somewhere to be or trying to escape where they shouldn't be.

As i pull closer into town i see people on the streets doing all types of acts for spare change. On woman holds the body of her mic stand as she sings her lungs out surrounded by a crowd of people.

A man across from her covered in gold paint from head to toe does a mime act that makes kids jaws drop in amazement,

Then the other end of the street is a woman who reminds me of ziana as she holds up a sign with the words repent of them tucked under her armpit, it looks like she got into a debate with someone else and people look on at the two of them discussing with their phone's pointing at their faces.

This. This is my home. This is where everything happened for me before my life turned to the mistake it has so quickly become in Philly.

I slow my car down to look at the shops that i pass by.

Some of these shops were my favourite, i hold tightly onto the wheel as i look intensely out of the window. I fall into the temptation of rolling my window down and Oh-

The smell of fresh doughnuts from the store me and her use to go to before it all makes nostalgia hit me in the face.

Uncle sam's Dessert shop. It use to be so unknown when My mom would take me, when it was just me maleek and.. my mother. Before aaliyah, before my grandfather before anyone. It was just us three.

When Maleek was too busy with work for me, she was always there. Then she had to go and die on us, i close my eyes for a second and roll up the window.