36

Jacob Vergara
🐚

It felt like a decade since the last time I talked to her. Everything just seems so empty. Sometimes, everytime she pushes me away leads me to false hope of fixing things I ruined. But that doesn't stop me from chasing her. No matter how hard things might get between us, I will always want her. Only her...

It's the last day and I'm holding on to this chance to talk to her. Kahit ngayong na lang ulit. But I guess, this isn't the perfect timing. Pagkapasok ko ng gate ng school ay silang dalawa agad ni Jayden ang nakita ko. Agad akong nag-iba ng daan na parang wala lang dahil ayoko silang istorbohin.

I'm not really sure if we're back on being in good terms — Jayden and I. I can't blame him for being mad at me, though. Michelle's also his friend or so I thought. In fact, she was his first love. He admitted that to me the last time we talked and I don't need to question him why.

Dumiresto na lang ako sa gym at doon nagpalipas ng oras. Sinubukan kong libangin ang sarili ko hanggang sa may tumawag sa akin na pamilyar na boses. She handed me my favorite coffee which made me so confused. "I just wanted to say thank for all, Jacob."

There's no words coming out from me and she was about to walk away. I panicked that I might not see her after this day. I panicked that I don't want her to leave me here. All I did was hug her. Tighter as I could... As I don't want to let go. But thoughts of us aren't the same anymore...

"I'll see you around... Or never."

🐚

I went straight to her apartment after the event to give her something. It was suppose for her birthday. Kung may regalo siya, mayroon din ako. "Kaklase ka ba ni Michelle?" Bungad sa akin ng lalaki pagkabukas ng pinto. Hindi iyon ang taong inaasahan ko kaya kinabahan ako agad dahil may ideya na ako kung kaano-ano ni Mitch 'yon. There's a lot of resemblance. Mostly their eyes.

It was her dad! Damn! I wasn't ready for this! Where the heck is she? Tumango na lang ako at itinago sa mga ngiti ang kaba. "Uh, may ipapabigay lang po ako." Pag-abot ko. Hindi ko na tuloy malaman kung simoy pa ba ng hangin ang malamig o ang mga kamay ko na.

"Nobyo ka niya, 'no?"

"H-hindi po," depensa ko agad. Parang gusto ko tuloy bawiin ang ibinigay ko at ipagsabukas na lang. But with his tone, it sounded more like a joke. He wasn't scaring me. I hope. "It's a graduation gift lang po. Hindi ko po naabot kanina kasi mukhang nauna na po siyang umuwi."

Pero mas nauna pa kami ni Tito sa apartment. Wow, Tito...

Good thing that he didn't ask more questions but instead he told me to stay safe along the way of going home. Matamis siyang ngumiti sa'kin at kumaway bago ako umalis. Ang bait niya. If dad's still here, if the world would give them a chance to meet, they would be good friends. I bet my life for that.