37

[Mitch: Do you still have plans before the vacation ends?]

"Hmm, plans with the fam are already done. But plans with you this summer, sure. Why? You have something in mind? Count me in!"

It'll always be an honor to do things with her. We haven't spoke to each other these past days and hearing her voice again feels like listening to a melody that calms my whole soul. Kinuha ko na rin ang papel ng bucket list niya para tignan ulit ang mga gagawin namin doon.

"Let's have another joyride together, might be pretty if we're near along the seashore. Or we can just simply go to the beach..."

Upon reading that, a place came up in my mind. Matapos ang tawag namin ay agad akong nagpaalam kay Mommy. Dinamay ko na rin silang dalawa ni Lily sa plano ko. I also got a message from Jayden the same night. He wants to see me before our trip so I did showed up in our meeting place.

"You need to know something important about Michelle." He swallowed. Napakunot agad ang noo ko kasabay ang kaunting kaba. "Is this good news?" I tried to covered up my thoughts but it didn't work by just thinking positively.

"I'm afraid not."

"What is it, then?"

"Michelle is... she's sick. She has epilepsy and-" he paused, like there's still something he wanted to tell me he couldn't. "And I want you to take good care of her along your trip," he finally continued his words.

Nag-simula na akong mag-alala. Hindi ko alam ang tungkol doon at hindi nabanggit 'yon ni Michelle sa'kin kahit kailan. She hid it again. I told her once to not to... Nanatili akong tahimik at hindi malaman ang sasabihin. I started to get occcupied with my own thoughts.

"If you're planning to cancel the trip, she wouldn't let that happen. Her dad wasn't around so she's been taking this chance. Ayoko rin siyang payagan pero gusto ka niyang makasama."

"But I don't like her risking her health just to be with me, either." Napasandal ako sa kotse ko. "Maybe I can talk to her about cancelling it? There's always a next time, though."

"There isn't..." Umiling siya. His words confused me a little pero hindi ko na lang pinansin. "Are you familiar with SUDEP?" Pag-iiba niya ng usapan.

"Sudden Death in Epilepsy?" I'm kind of familiar with that and I think I heard it from somewhere or someone just simply told me before. I just couldn't remember who.

"You got it right. When you're with her, Michelle is your responsibility. You need to learn the precautions. Avoid seizure triggers as much as you both could. And when everything goes wrong, call me immediately. Responsibilidad natin siya parehas kapag may nangyaring masama sa kanya. You understand, Jacob?"

Maawtoridad niyang sambit. Para siyang nakakatandang kapatid na nagbibilin sa'kin. Well, what can I say, he's older than me. Tumango ako sa kanya at sa mga sinabi niya. Nagmuni-muni kami saglit bago maisipang umuwi.

I've been thinking about her the whole night. Instead of resting myself, I searched about epilepsy and things that I need to know about it. Inilagay ko ang mga iyon sa notes ko sa phone. I even borrowed my mom's first aid kit which I really didn't know kung magagamit ko nga ba talaga 'to kung sakaling atakihin siya.

Madaling-araw na nang dalawin ako ng antok. I even texted her goodnight but I guess she's already asleep. I'm excited for us tomorrow yet I can't help but to worry that much.