𝗈𝗇𝖾

( i

( i. samantha mills )

THIS was supposed to be a normal day. sam dropping cole at the bus stop that was a block down from their house and then walking back back and heading straight to her therapists office in her car. she's been looking after cole for almost 3 years, he was a chill kid, and respected her as an adult and an individual. how she met him and how this young 15 year old boy has been in her care since his parents aren't around. well.... this was her job, getting paid thousands of dollars to watch over a teen boy. but it obviously wasn't a regular nanny job.

cole's parents were.... extremely rich, and also had made quite few enemies. especially with ones that would track the whole family down and kill them one by one. his parents, katherine and michael had paid sam money to protect their child. they didn't know she was a former vigilante, but they knew she had the skills to protect their son. and then, they vanished and that's how sam and cole have a safe house in a small town in michigan.

samantha's therapist talked with her recently about this darkness that she and wanted to fight it. she gave up her vigilante ways as she started becoming more violent as she got older. she was raised by assassin's and then trained by BATMAN himself into becoming one of his sidekicks from her preteens to early 20s. obviously, her therapist said everything was confidential, she was allowed be open and honest and not judged and she didn't say anything to the point where her therapist had to call the authorities. it wasn't like she was gonna commit violent acts now. she was trying to get better, she wanted to forget the past forget about.... him. and how he abandoned her, basically cut all ties and just vanished some time after. samantha mills hated dick grayson. they were never romantically involved, she would never want to admit to that they were (cause they weren't), people always kept telling her that because of her history with dick, and their shared trauma since they were kids would mean they're meant to be together forever.

it's all bullshit to her where people say she's destined for him. and that fate would bring them back together again. she hated the idea of destiny, of being tied to someone because some god had said they were meant for each other. she'd like to disagree.

sam went to the bus stop to pick up cole after her appointment with her therapist, as well as getting lunch, she was in the mood to dine out, and then she went to the doctor for a check up and refilling her prescribed meds. but cole wasn't there at the stop, she assumed he walked home so she went there and called out to him, "cole? if you're here, please say something." but there was no response. that made her go into a panic and search throughout the house because if this was some prank, it was not a very good one. she assumed the people that were looking for him had found him when she wasn't there. the mills was about to cry when sitting down on the couch, trying to get ahold of her breath and then she noticed a note on the coffee table