𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

( xxvi. paradise )

FIVE YEARS LATER, sam was living an easy life style, never having to worry about danger around her. five years of peace and freedom. and now, she's married to dick, had a couple kids (if you include cole) and she's living her best life with another kid on the way. and as for cole, he's been staying with the two in the past five years, attending ucla and working a couple jobs to provide for the family.

her and cole are trying to pick out colors to paint the walls of the new baby room. and then they heard screaming coming up the stairs. and notices dick chasing after their son, jj up the stairs as the young boy yells out, "mommy! coley! save me!" and he grabs onto the both of them.

"hi! oh, my god! you're soaked!" and dick, whose wearing his red swimshorts brought sam into a kiss, "so are you." and cole had stuck his finger in his mouth to represent him gagging, which makes the little boy giggle.

"it's all his fault, isn't it?"

"no!"

"yeah!"

"now that we have you here. cole and i are debating between, winter shamrock or mango tango?" she holds up both options right in front of them. cole then speaks out his opinion, "i say mango." he points his thumb at sam, "she wants winter."

"you don't wanna wait until we find out what it is?" dick had asked. samantha just rolled her eyes, "yeah, last time i checked, i thought we were having a human." and cole goes to fist bump her and the mills reciprocates. dick is drying off jj as he tells sam, "do less comedy. seriously."

"since you say that, i'm gonna do the exact opposite." she giggles, "and besides, i don't wanna do the whole boy means blue, girl means pink thing again. i want this room to be more.... what's the word—" she starts snapping her fingers, trying to remember as she grabs more options she put in the closet earlier. cole then had answered for her, "extravagant!"

"exactly! thank you!" and then she adds, "besides, once we know what it is, we're gonna be so busy, we're not gonna have time to paint. i want this whole room done and cleared out by this week."

"i want a sister!" jj had yelled out. sam also wanted it to be a girl, to at least want the house to have girls that aren't her. and the mills smiled, "oh, you do?"

dick then told the child, "that's awesome, buddy, but sometimes we don't get to choose what we want. we get what we get." he says that as sam pulls the dresser that had a lamp still plugged into the wall, "whoa! look out! whoa!" and he had caught the lamp before it had hit the ground. and the woman had groaned, "fuck!"

"mommy said a swear!"

"yeah, we heard. that's a dollar for the swear jar" cole says, whose now standing next to the kid, and he chuckles. samantha rolled her eyes, "you mean your spring break money, kiddo?" dick had scooted the dresser back a little to set the lamp back on it, "let me help you. what's the big rush? we still have a month to go."

and sam just sighed, "i can handle myself, i'm not glass, dick. and it's not like i'm gonna be delivering early again."

"if you keep dragging furniture around, you're gonna deliver right here on the floor."