𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

( xix. the worst of it all )

part one. alexa

ALEXA HAD WOKEN UP, and when she had came to, she was tied up in a chair with her head pouted towards the ceiling with a bright light in her face. she was so confused on what was happening, she tilted her head down to see a doctor standing right in front of her, "what the fuck?" she tried moving her wrist to get out, "let me go, please!" she pleads, she felt like she was about to have a panic attack.

"alexandria diaz, or is it shipman? so pleased to have finally meet." the female doctor says. lexi had no clue what was going on, "who the fuck are you and what do you want from me?"

the doctor had grabbed something from the equipment take as she explains, "your father and i have been colleagues since college. we had always helped out one another, when you got diagnosed with cancer when you were thirteen, your father came to me, begged me to help you." the woman had faced towards the young girl with a smirk on her face, "which is why you probably don't remember how you got better. and you wonder how your abilities had come to light."

for the past year, alexa had been magically cured of her cancer with no clue how, but sometime after she discovered her ability to control electricity. she doesn't know how she got it, it just happened. the doctor then gives the girl the explanation she's been hoping, "that time, you did actually die but for my experiment on you to work, you needed to be dead. it involved inserting wires that go from your forearms to your brain to create the electric spark needed to bring you back. the details to how it came to be are too much to explain." this was too much of a toll to be taken on the young girl, she felt like she couldn't breathe and also wanted to throw up, but the doctor didn't stop there, "your father wanted to make sure you didn't remember any of this, to save you from the pain and the reminder of what you had to go through. 'cause if it weren't for me, worms would be feeding at your corpse six feet under. and now, your father owes me a favor in return. you happen to show up here to test something to make you a powerful weapon."

"no, no, no!" the shipman resists and tries to move as far away as she could from the doctor whole tied up but a syringe is injected into her neck as she goes unconscious. when she had woken up again with something tied around her mouth and some type of head gear to keep her from moving from her head. her body was still tied to the chair but it was moved into a glass cage. she then hears a voice coming from a speaker from above, "we had to remove those gloves you like to wear in order for this experiment to work." she looks over at her assistant, "set electric charge to twenty five percent." and the assistant does what he's told and alexa feels a shock going into her head. the doctor shakes her head, "set it to fifty."

the girl doesn't even have a moment to breathe when more volts of electricity go through her brain and she tries to scream, she really does but she isn't able to. tears started streaming down her face, she needs this to be over. why were they doing this to her? she's just a kid. she really wonders what kind of torture the others were going through now, but that was cut off by the doctor saying, "seventy five!" and the pain just kept getting worse, she had felt something in her hands, she noticed a spark coming from her fingers as she had rubbed them together.

"we're just right there." the doctor said, "set to one hundred!" and that was alexa's breaking point. she had felt so many volts going through her brain, she felt so much pain but so much power. it reminded her of those video games she used to play when she first got sick and she got so happy collecting stuff to power up her characters, to get new abilities to use. her hands were wrapped around her restraints and managed to somehow burn through them and to get herself free. alexa had felt numb as she struggled to get herself out but she was able to do so, she limped to the door but it was locked, of course.