𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

( v. the motel )

SAM was just sitting outside, lost in her thoughts, smoking a cigarette. god, she wanted to forget about what cole said. she understands he wants her to be happy but, why does it have to be with dick? they were both former vigilantes with a lot of history and baggage which would seem like an excuse to be together, but it would make things worse. she doesn't want to get herself hurt nor does she want dick to get hurt. and besides, with their current predicament they're in and watching after two kids, there was no time for romance. and there was no time to find love, at least not now.

definitely not anytime soon.

she sees dick approach her and the room them and the kids are staying at from the corner of her eye. and notices her smoking as she leans against the railing, "thought you'd quit." he points out. she just shrugs, "people change...." and she avoids eye contact with him. he looks like he's about to say something but immediately retracts it and goes inside.

inside, rachel and cole are enjoying some snacks while watching game of thrones. dick notices then watching tv and asks then, "hey, you want pizza?"

"okay." "cool." both had said at the same time. there was a moment of nothing til dick had asked, "anything on it?" but neither responded since their eyes were too focused on the tv, he tells them, "don't let anyone in." he's about to leave when he notices what the kids are watching, "is that game of thrones?" no response, "should you be watching that?" cole can hear the slight overprotectiveness in dick's voice. the boy shrugs, "i mean, we've seen worse."

and then dick is about to take off until rachel says, "just don't get pineapple on it." before she takes a sip of her drinks, cole let's out a 'hmm' in agreement.

"obviously." and then he was out. cole then says, "that just reminds me of this scene from hawaii five-0, where danny says in this one episode, 'pizza and pineapple do not belong in the same airspace.' and he was right." and he heard rachel let out a chuckle as she got off the bed with her drink and walking into the other room. he turns around at the doorway and seeing her go on dick's computer, "uh.... are you sure you wanna be using his stuff?" but she didn't respond. he got up from the bed to go see what she was doing specifically. cole then sees her opening up a article with the headline, 'circus family slain, sole survivor sheltered by billionaire philanthropist: bruce wayne' that then and there made cole go, "what the fuck...."