𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

( epilogue )

( epilogue )

IT WAS A LONG DRIVE, but they had take a stop somewhere. alexa realized where they'd had went, which was gotham, more specifically wayne manor. and she saw the man himself, bruce wayne by the time dick had pulled up. the rest of then had waited in the meantime and then they had gotten some news that bruce was having jason be living with dick with a while. and lexi didn't know if it was a blessing or a curse.

they then had arrived in san francisco, which conveniently was alexa's home town. and as they were driving across the golden gate bridge, she had heard jason speak, "it's not a demotion, per se. more like a temporary relocation."

"ugh. whatever." rachel had groaned, then looked over at dick and questioned him, "dіck, where are we going?" and the grayson thought it was obvious. he had pointed it out, "i thought it was obvious. i mean, this bridge has been in a ton of movies."

"yeah, but where exactly?" gar had specified. cole had also added, "not knowing is giving me jitters." and the jones just was feeling a bit anxious. the grayson was just vague about his answer, "you'll see."

jason had just sighed, "god, i hate surprises."

"well, i love surprises." lexi had mentioned. with some of the surprises she's had were both good and bad, but mostly good. and most of the were from her dad who spoiled her rotten. and they had finally gotten somewhere, to this huge tower in the middle of san francisco, and they had gotten which floor they were at through an elevator, and once those doors had opened the kids had started running to look around the place, well cole just ended up laying in the couch while the other looked around.

lexi didn't notice how huge this place was and she really enjoyed it, so much space for many people. but for now, it was just this sixth of them, she was walking down the hallway as she got a phone call from her dad, "hey, dad! how are you?"

"i'm good, great, actually." she heard a sigh of relief on the other side of the phone, "don't have to worry about an old colleague of mine anymore. died in an explosion at an asylum. poor thing." and she could tell he didn't actually care about said colleague, she just sense sarcasm in his voice. she then had went along with it for shits and giggles, "yeah, so sad." and the both of them started laughing. her dad then had asked in a not very serious tone, "do you know anything about that?"

"maybe." she shrugged, "you aren't gonna ground me for it, are you?"

"nope." he replied, then also adds, "i also got a phone call earlier, someone named 'dick grayson' he said you are staying with him in san francisco. i thought that, maybe you could visit your old man since you're in town." he had suggested. lexi did agree with it, they made a compromise that he'll visit the tower every couple of weeks for both bonding time and to be available for assistance on something. she then saw jason in what looks to be a training room and she told her dad, "i'm gonna call you back later, okay? love you." she had hung up the phone and walked inside and spoke out, "sup, boy wonder!" and she then had grabbed a sword that was in the fighting equipment, "so fucking cool." and she had playfully pointed the sword at him.

he chuckled at her antics grabbed it from her and put it back. she then decided to get a little bit serious for a second, "the other day, i uh, i said some things, and i'm sorry." she tried to make her apology seen as genuine as she wanted it to be. and he just shrugged, "hey, look. i'm not mad. and i also owe some apologies of my own too."

they two had exchanged smiles at one another and did a little bit of play fighting. it got a little bit to serious where lexi had ended up pinning jason to the floor and she was sitting on top of him. he then made a comment that had her rolling her eyes on seconds, "i definitely am this enjoy the view this most."

and then suddenly, cole had appeared and cleared his throat, "wow, you guys. we just got here, wait a week, will ya?" and that made the shipman jump off him real quick. she pulled him up as the three headed back to the living room. they and gar had joined dick and rachel at the window together.

and jason breaks the moment of silence by calling dibs, "i get the big room."

"keep dreamin'."

this was a moment for a fresh start, and alexa was loving every minute of it. like having to live here? around kids her own age? maybe she can have a decent life now, maybe not normal, but something.

it was the start of something new.

SAM HAD RETURNED TO INDIANAPOLIS, and checked the hospital to see if her mother had gotten admitted, it's been two days so she had to have been there at some point. she wanted to make amends and hopefully in the future if they ever crosses paths again, it wouldn't be as hostile as that nightmare she was put in.

the mills had approached the desk clerk and ringed the bell, "hi, i'm here to see nicole mills, i'm her daughter." the clerk gave the girl the room number and she had immediately headed over. she reached the room and took in a deep breath and exhaled before walking in, thankfully, her mother was awake, "hi, mother."

the older woman had sighed in relief, "you know, i thought for a second that you would've never visited." and her daughter just smiled and sat down in a chair, "i also saw you in the news. reunited with your titans friends, huh? i saw a little kid in a robin suit going, 'titan's are back, bitches!'" nicole had tried imitating jason and samantha had laughed and also sam nodded her head, "and this crisis you felt coming, it's over?"

"yeah." the young mills answered, "and after all that, i thought i should come visit you first. and see how you are."

"i'm as peachy as a peach." nicole chuckled, "i don't know half of what i'm saying right now, one of the doctors gave me some morphine." and she had sat up on her bed with her back against the pillows, "and if you're wondering about ellis, she's fine. well, i don't know if you could call a coma, fine but, it's better than her being dead."

and sam just sighed in relief, "well that's good. i do not need another number added to my already existing body count." there was a moment of silence because sam didn't know what else to say. then she had remembered her nightmare, "i uh, kind of got put into this nightmare scenario with this big crisis with an intergalactic demon named trigon. and he had put me in a scenario where i was married to dick and we had kids, and you showed up and things got hostile and i ended up snapping. that's kind of one of the reasons why i came here, i wanted us to be on good terms before i... be on my own for a while."

it was kind of a lot to take in for nicole, especially that she's already on morphine, "well, let's hope that nightmare of yours doesn't come true."

"yeah." samantha nodded, they exchanged goodbyes, especially that she gave her mother a forehead kiss before taking off. now she had to do that one thing that she had promised cole she'd do, and after, she doesn't know what she'll do next. but for the first time in a while she had felt free, like actually.

and for her, it was glorious.

a/n: act one is now officially done! wow, that was a lot but i made it through. but now we have like 3 more acts to go and i'm both excited and terrified.

but i will introduce what our main four will be doing and their roles in act two and then i will take a break, if my brain will let me pause for a few days.