𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

( xxviii

( xxviii. until her heart breaks )

COLE HATED EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW, his guardian who was basically at this point, an older sister and mother to him along with a guy he's occasionally back and forth on liking and disliking, getting possessed by his best friends' father from another goddamn dimension. his heart was about to explode from his chest. he was sitting down on a chair, and he felt his vision getting all blurry. leighton kneeled in front of him, gently grabbing his hands, "just calm down, and breathe with me." they both take in deep breathes and slowly exhale. they keep doing that until cole comes back, they both then hear rachel in a distorted voice going, "let them go!" and be fire she's able to do anything, trigon stops her.

"i'm afraid you're grounded. no more magic."

the roth wasn't backing down, not now, "i won't let you do this."

"let me? you did this." he reminded her, "you brought me here, rachel. your purpose was to bring me into your world. the whole journey you've taken with your friends, it's all been to make this moment happen."

angela then had swiftly rushed over to her lover, "i couldn't be more proud. you've given this world a gift."

rachel's voice was shaky as there are tears in her eyes, feeling hurt at this betrayal from her own mother, "you never loved me. you used me." and leighton had to be held back by cole because she was this close to starting a cat fight with angela.

"oh, sweet girl, this is so much more important than love."

"just let them go."

"look around you, daughter. all there is here is loss, betrayal, and decay. everyone you love will leave you by their own hand or in ashes." he proceeds to go on his villain momologue that makes cole want to fall asleep, "nothing lasts. the only thing that awaits you is disappointment. you will lose everyone. it's heartbreaking, isn't it? let your heart break. it's inevitable. and then you'll be free to join me. our future will be glorious."

gar then had spoken up, "uh... hard pass. rach, we gotta go."

"gar."

"run!" he yells, and the two run along with leighton and cole follow them to go and hide, literally anywhere in this house. the four were in the hallway and gar had told rachel, "no offense, but your dad is an asshоlе."

"tell me about it." she agreed.

leighton then made a comment if her own, "does anyone here not have parents that either suck or are dead?" and she didn't hear any answers so she went, "yeah, me neither." then they hear rumbling as the hallway starts stretching out. rachel had gasped in fear as gar had stated, "oh, that's creepy." gar had grabbed both cole and rachel's hands, "come on." and rachel grabs leighton's with her other one as the four ran down the very long and creepy hallway. they all heard dick yell out, "rachel?" which made them turn around, "come out and play."