𝗍𝖾𝗇

( x

( x. aftermath )

EVERYONE WAS BACK HOME, safe and sound. sam was in the infirmary with kory and the boy that saved jason, conner whose now in stable condition. the anders finished wrapping up the burnt part of the mills' leg, "are you feeling okay?"

"i'm fine."

"you should've told me you were going after him." kory says, "i could've helped."

"this was a personal matter, and i was in a hurry." sam stated, "i just didn't wanna lose anyone else. not him. especially not him." and she tried to hold back any tears and sighed, "fuck, i need to smoke something."

then dick and dawn had walked into the infirmary, "is he stable?" the granger explained his current condition, "for the moment. whatever they shot him with left something behind. some sort of toxin."

"maybe we should take him to a hospital." dick suggested.

kory had pointed out, "the boy has special abilities.

"yeah, i think he's safest here."

"okay."

dawn then tells the grayson, "and i think you should call bruce. he catalogues these things. he might know who he is."

and sam raised up her hand as she's stuck on a chair, "i would but i'm not sure if he'd answer my calls." and she notices dick was silent, like there was something going on in his mind and called out to him to get his attention, "dіck?"

"i'll call bruce."

"good." and dawn then shifts the subject by asking, "you check on jason?"

he just responded with, "on my way." before leaving the room. sam knew something was up but she was in too much pain to get up and do something, but she did bring it up, "there is something going on with him. yet again, i think i shouldn't always come in to solve his problems."

not long after, sam is just trying to sleep, even in such a small chair that isn't very uncomfortable. she heard liquid pouring, kory humming softly and the monitor beeping steadily. suddenly, conner had awoken and grabbed onto kory's arm, speaking in an alien language and she responded back. dawn had arrived around this time as well, "kory." and the granger approached the bed, she asked, "what did you say?"

"'let go of my damn arm.'"

sam was awake at this point and was curious, "so is he from tamaran?"

"no. kryptonian. it's a dead language." kory corrected her, and then connected the pieces as she picks up the iv, "which also explains this iv. i couldn't get it in. his skin is completely impenetrable." and the the three women hear conner mumble something indistinctly. dawn had leaned down to get a better listen to, "he's saying 'eve'."