𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

( xi

( xi. secrets )

SAM COULDN'T GET SOME REST, she tried but she just couldn't. so she had just end up using her tablet to watch episodes of phineas and ferb, to get her spirits up a bit and to take her mind off of things. she has kory grab her bag and handed it to her, she searched through it and the mills found something she didn't even remember putting in her bag, and she reconginzed it, she's just hadn't seen in so long. it was a stuffed animal she used to have when she was younger, and she noticed old dried up blood on her, and it made her breath shaky. it wasn't just some look-alike bear, it was hers.

and someone tries trying to fuck around with her. kory noticed her behavior and immediately sensed something was wrong, "sam, what is it?" and that made the mills jumped and out the stuffed animal back in the bag, "it's nothing." and she held up her laptop, "found what i was looking for though, so that's great."

she was not exactly watching the cartoon in order, and she didn't exactly care. she then ended up ranting, "if i'm being honest, doofenshmirtz is actually one of the nicest villains i've ever seen, and he's not even real."

"why are you telling me this?" the anders didn't wanna sound rude and tried not to make it sound like that. sam just shrugged, "i dunno. like he has a gajillion villain origin stories from his childhood alone, but he doesn't let the cycle repeat itself with his daughter. giving her the things he couldn't have. and that's actually very emotional stuff." and she tried laughing the emotional pain away. she couldn't believe she was getting emotionally invested in a cartoon villain and his relationship with his daughter. and from the back of her mind was reminding her that her mom basically was trying the same thing for her. kory was still focusing on taking care of conner, "i don't know if you can hear me... but you're one of the strongest people i've ever seen. and i know, because i'm pretty strong, too. thing is, there's not much more i can do for you. you're making me feel helpless. and i hate feeling helpless. so do me a favor, okay? don't die. because that will really piss me off."

"would piss both of us off!" sam spoke up. and not long after, sam is able to get up with some help from kory, and had move and both of them were hearing gar asking someone, "what did you say your name was?"

"my name is eve watson. please let me in. look, i know this doesn't make any sense, but i was led here by a dog. is there someone named conner there?" they heard a voice of a woman responding to him. the anders had told the boy, "let her up." and once they had let her in. they were back in the infirmary, and she was sitting bedside and whispered to conner, "i'm so sorry."

"save the apologies. can you help him?"

the watson had sniffled, "maybe if i'd gotten here sooner, but... the kryptonite poisoning has gone too far."

"really?" sam had spoken up, "is that the best you've got?"

"i am a scientist." eve had stood up from the bed, facing the other two directly, "i'm not god."