𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

( xxi

( xxi. parting ways )

SAM WAS DRAGGED OUT OF BED BY COLE, the girl wanted to sleep in. she needed to well rested so she can decide on what to do on having a conversation with the many versions of herself inside her head. she practically heard cole yelling in her ear, "wake up! wake up! wake up!" and he started clapping louder as well to get her up.

"alright" she groaned and pushed him off, "just give me five more minutes."

and the boy just shrugged, "alright, fine. but breakfast is ready, better be ready to get going." and he walks out of her room. the mills needed to rest her eyes. god, she wanted to slow down time, she needed more time whether to sleep or think things over in her brain. she finally decided to get up and she looked in the mirror, she knew she looked like hell and she decided to do something about it, heading into the shower to wake herself up some more, be lost in her own thoughts, then get dressed and put on some makeup. a little bit of light makeup wouldn't hurt anyone.

the second she got out of the shower, she saw cole in the room, reading a magazine while sitting down, "when did you get back?"

"just wanted to see if you were awake." he responds, not looking up, "but it seems like you are."

the mills rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "you didn't even look at me once." and she heard a snort coming from cole. he looks up and shrugs, "well, i always assume the best from you, should i say you look like shit?"

but she had shook her head, having a small grin on her face, "nope. i like having the validation." she sits down on the end of the bed and starts a conversation with him, "i can sense when something is up with you, so spill it. what's going on?"

cole sighed and went into his jacket and pulled out an envelope, "this has my dad's name on it. there's a check and a file. he help funded that place so they could get everything they ever wanted to torture people. including you. and the file shows his history of working with the organization. at this point, i'm not really surprised." he then back against his chair and looks up at the ceiling, "and i'm not gonna say that i loved him even with his faults because you and i both know that's a lie. he never really gave me a reason to love him anyway." sam just listens to the young boy like a soundboard for him to just talk to and she listens. she always listens to cole whenever he's feeling like this, her best friend, her little brother, he's there for her so of course that she'd be there for him too.

he moves his head down to look at the woman and he notices something up with her. as much as sam knows his own tells when he has something to say, sam has a similar thing, "there's something going on with you as well, right? dr. cole is in the building." he wouldn't say he knew her better than anyone because dick had known her longer, but he would consider himself at least be in the second spot. she lays and falls on the bed, with her feet dangling at the front, "last night, with the asylum. i had a conversation with a younger version of me, figure out i've spent a part of my life repressing memories and what they were. and i realized i have a lot more trauma than i already have. and apparently i'm trying to repress that night in the motel with dick."