𝗍𝗐𝗈

( ii

( ii. right place, wrong time )

HOW did cole end up in current predicament in a police station and seeing his nanny find him there and about to have a screaming match with the detective like she had some history with him? well, it started when his semi friend, rachel was being picked on by some guys on the bus. and when cole means 'semi friend' they don't have any classes or sit with each other at lunch. the only time they talk is on the bus and they also have the same bus stop.

they don't talk much, and they don't always sit next to each other. some days they happen to sit next to each other and cole wasn't exactly much of a conversation starter but he tries his best. he really does.

he turns around to see rachel, who is currently sitting a couple rows behind him, is leaning her head against the bus window. then this kid, kyle starts saying some shit to her, "boo! come on. what are you hiding from? you don't have to be shy with me. i like freaks." kyle leans over the seat of the bus, putting his hand on rachel's shoulder.

cole wasn't someone who stood up for himself, so how could he stand up for another person but he does. he turns around in his seat, "leave her alone, kyle." and then he gets up out of his seat, "just leave her alone." he adds with a bit of stuttering, but kyle shoves him and starts mocking him and his stutter

"maybe you should take a seat, fag." and then kyle had punched cole right in the face. and yeah, cole wasn't a fighter, he was more of a lover. a kind and caring person, but when someone ends up saying shit like that, that's when he loses his temper a bit and tackles kyle to the ground. punching him in the face, over and over while the other kids were cheering. some of them even wanted cole to knock kyle out. but the bus driver stopped them, "sit back down! both of you! now!"

cole did what the bus driver asked, not trying to further anymore conflict. he looked down on his hands to see kyle's blood on his knuckles. he sits back down in his seat but doesn't noticed rachel looking at him from behind, feeling grateful he stood up for her.

later at school, he had his headphones on to avoid any outside noise. everything was fine up until he felt someone tap on his shoulder. he jumped a little bit, taking off his ear buds and turning around to see rachel, "i just wanted to say thank you for earlier. i know doing stuff like that isn't something you'd usually do, so it's surprising."

"yeah, i'm not really someone who gets into violence but, i had to defend myself. and you."

"would you mind hanging out with me after school?" she had given him a smile, "i'm not someone who usually has friends but, you're someone i know i can trust."

cole didn't exactly know what she meant by that. but he didn't worry about it, he was just curious and nodded his head and walked to his next class. rachel was always being called a 'freak' or a 'slut' or any type of word that was said to her in a derogatory way. he was mad he couldn't do something like that beforehand, especially when it was for himself. kyle used to call him homophobic slurs and mocked his stutter. he couldn't tell sam about his bullying, she'd freak out. and especially she's told him not to draw much attention to himself in order to protect him.