𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

( xii

( xii. malia & jericho )

SAM WAS WITH THE OTHERS TITANS, chilling at the beach late at night with a campfire, waiting for jericho to show up. when sam heard that dick was forming a bond with deathstroke's son, she was hesitant about using a kid to get to his dad. it just didn't feel right but, it's not like she's the one making the decisions. dick was the leader and she looks up to him, so whatever he says goes, even if it didn't feel right.

the boy had finally arrived to meet with them and sam tried to mask her feelings away. dawn had called him over, "hey. look what the surf dragged in."

"i was beginning to think you blew us off."

he then had signed, and since dawn is the only one who understands sign language, she translates for him, "he says, "homework, it never ends.""

hank was currently playing with a football as he chimed in with his own school experience, "ah, it did for me. one day i woke up, no school, no books."

"weren't you expelled?" dawn had recalled. and the hall just shrugged, "some say." and that had got dick chuckling. and he looked over at jericho, "well, stereolab released a new japanese pressing today."

"twelve inch?" dawn had translated for jericho again. and the grayson specified, "twelve inch and the lp. both on clear vinyl."

dawn had understood what the boy had signed, and she laughed, "a little profanity. he says, "take all my money, please.""

"sure."

donna had called out to them, "okay, record geeks, come back to the party, please." and she tossed the football towards jericho and he had caught it. hank had praised the boy, "oh, nice toss." and the three had ran off but not to far to play some catch. dick noticed sam, that was sitting across from him and dawn a worried look on her face, "you okay?"

her legs were pushed up against her chest with her arms wrapped around them, "i hate this. like so much."

"this is the only way." he reminds her, "trust me. if you start feeling weird, just think about garth." and she hates using their dead friend as a way to justify what they're doing to this kid. she had already been like jericho once, and she's like people who had manipulated her, but it's not like she's gonna bring that up, "i just like the kid."

"so do i. but he's deathstroke's son." he had reminded her.

"are we sure of that?"

all three of them looked over to where he is with hank and donna, "he's the one." and that had made her brain tell her that this was a bad idea. something is going to go horribly wrong and it's gonna bite her in the ass on the future. it sucks, she hates it, everything. but she had to be here so someone doesn't try to fuck it all up. suddenly, a girl who looked about 19ish had approached them, "hey, i'm looking for jericho, is he here?"