𝗍𝗐𝗈

( ii

( ii. separation )

THE PAST FEW MONTHS, leighton knight had now officially changed her name, yet again. she wanted to feel a bit more unique with her extreme personality, she always had names that felt.... basic, and she didn't really like it, she never fully got to adjust her names, she still keeps her id's in her bag as memories but she just, never felt right with any of them, nothing kept her stable. so she choose a full name (including middle name) that felt right, rylee anne harper, it just rolled off the tongue greatly.

now, she's at the gym in miami, florida since she liked the sun and the beach and the ocean. she was on the treadmill and was extremely focused on getting her daily workout routine done, when she has a routine set up, she can't change it. anything that changes the slightest bit bothers her severely. rylee has also made some new friends as well, maybe they weren't the same as her friends from before (yet again, those friends knew everything about her) and they seemed nice, maybe too nice but she didn't mind it.

especially there was this guy that was a lot older than she was that she had been casually hanging out with. his name was daniel, he was a cool dude to hang around but he was getting a little too touchy for her, especially she's not always the biggest fan of physical contact. she had a few exceptions to that rule, though she would be really awkward with it but she tries to adjust to living in a normal society. especially since it had been like 6 years since escaping that lab that also she never has the time to adjust to things, she's always forced somewhere else so she never learns and grows she just forced to hide and change everything about herself for her safety. but at this point, she didn't wanna be in a constant fear of hiding and not being able to grow, she wanted to be her age, have friends, fall in love, the full package.

some part of her mind had yelled at her for the past three months that she should've gone and lived with dick, wherever he was when he gave her the offer but, as much as she liked being a hero she wanted a normal life. she had a crush on him, a simple infatuation with him because he was nice to her for like almost week. stuff like that wasn't gonna last, she knew that, obviously and she's accepted it. she wanted peace but also she wanted to help make a change and do something for once, she doesn't have to dress up and fight crime to do that, maybe she can do something else with her life.

and that's why she has had zero contact with the titans in the past three months, she never once decided to check on them, even though she had everyone's phone numbers still in her phone. maybe there was a part of her that didn't fully move on from them, like it had been only a week but so much happened in that week that she couldn't just forget everything. and that there's a part of her hoping that dick would call her, she didn't matter what he was calling her for she would do anything to hear his voice. but her calling him out of the blue for no reason would be weird, she couldn't do that.