𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

( xxiii. train ride )

ALEXA HAD BEEN SITTING ALONE ON THE TRAIN, and she liked it that way. she wanted a peaceful mind of silence as she was reading a book. then, suddenly, cole had sat across from her and she sighed in frustration and puts her book down on her lap, "yes?"

the jones had said, "thought you'd want some company."

"i prefer to be alone, so if you excuse me."

"what's up with you?" and that got the girl raising her eyebrow, "since the asylum you've just been...."

"heartless?" she tilted her head.

cole shook his head, "no, no, it's just. in the asylum, what happened to you?" he tried his best to be gentle about it and not force it out of her, "you had a mark on your forehead when gar, rachel and i went to rescue you." he pointed out what he remembered from the night before. lexi just sighed and answered, "the doctor that was experimenting on me, she was the one that gave me my powers of electricity. i never remembered how i got them but, apparently it saved my life or i'd be dead right now. then she put me through some trials along with some dark magic to give me the power to make thunder and lightning. her final test for me was to be rid of all my emotions so i'd be a powerful weapon to stand beside rachel and her father. they only got halfway done, though." she took a deep breath before she finished off what she was saying, "they injected something into my brain, which is where the mark was before they decided to cut my head open or something, that injection had numbed my emotions severely. which makes me struggle with feeling them in anyway. my emotions aren't entirely gone, i just.... can't feel much now."

cole didn't exactly know how to process all of that. he didn't wanna risk saying the wrong words, "i'm sorry."

"not your fault." she picked up her book and started reading again, "can you please go?" and he does so anyway. he goes back to where he was sitting before, which is with leighton, "she wants to be alone right now."

she just shrugs, "it's her decision." leigh was currently going through her phone right now. and cole sighed heavily to get her attention, "what the hell are you doing?"

"looking at names." the older girl deadpanned, "i'm trying to find a name that calls out to me, i guess."

"out of context, people walking by are gonna assume you're picking out baby names." the young boy tells her. and leigh looks up, "but i'm not. why would they think that?"

the boy was about to explain but then just brushed it off. he let's out a groan, leans his head back to look at the ceiling. he was exhausted, he needed to rest but he just can't seem to fall asleep. he's already been struggling with sleeping the past few days, so today isn't any different but it doesn't mean he enjoys it.

he then ends up falling asleep eventually. leighton was about to start talking til she noticed he was passed out. she then got up and went to go sit with lexi, "hey there!" she had a big smile on her face, "i'm bored, i need entertainment."

"well go somewhere else, i'm not interested." and the shipman mumbles, "this is the last time i travel to anywhere with anyone else ever again." and she doesn't pull her eyes away from her book but leighton, "hey! what the fuck? what is wrong with you?"

"trying to get you to open up." and the knight put alexa's book in her bag, "i heard about what happened to you, and i'm really sorry i wasn't there."

"you were drowning in a tank, i think you're excused." alexa replied, with a bit of sarcasm in her voice. leighton then spoke up, "if you don't wanna open up to anyone, that's fine. but i thought we were friends."