𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

( iii. rescuing rachel roth )

THERE was enough explanation for sam before they left and she had walk back over to cole who was trying to act normal, "so uh, you're not mad are you?"

"i'd say i'm furious but... to be honest, i don't know what to feel anymore." sam sighs, "i'm just glad you're okay. now, if you want your friend rachel safe, i can take her with us. we can go home, pack our stuff and do whatever she wants and wherever she wants to go." she also noticed that dick wasn't next to her and saying something. but turns out he's not there, sam was a little worried about him and grabbed cole and went to search for dick. they found him outside making a phone call as a police cruiser drives away.

"dick, what's going on?"

"rachel, someone took her." he tries his best to explain that an officer who isn't an officer had took her without dick knowing. but sam was able to fully understand him and what he was saying, "okay, okay, i understand. we're getting her back."

"oh this is awesome!" both adults looked at cole, glaring at him a bit, "what? 'operation: rescue mission that needs a better name' is a go!"

"cole, this is not an episode of one of your tv shows. this is real life." sam tells the young boy. dick grabs a hold of sam's hand as they go to his car with cole right behind them. and cole, definitely senses something up. there was a lot of tense history buried there.

they ended up at some building in town, and sam and dick told cole to stay in the fucking car. the boy just sighed and didn't want to argue, but he did decide to use the radio in the meantime as dick and sam go into the building.

sam pulls out a gun from her boot which dick notices, "you carry one with you?"

"yeah, that's kind what happens when you're, you know, protecting a child as well as yourself. and you don't exactly have any fancy tech gadgets anymore." he senses the sarcasm in her voice, "and besides, you have one too, detective hypocrite."

"i have a badge."

"and i have a license. don't think you're so special"