𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

( vii

( vii. garth )

FIVE YEARS AGO, samantha mills was currently the youngest of the original titans and the time she had there were only fun for a limited time. but it's not like she knew at the time, she was just thriving and living her life in her early twenties. she loved having fun, and making friends, and kicking ass. when dick asked her to join the team him and donna had created, she couldn't refuse, she loved hanging out with them, and new people had come along like dawn and hank and soon enough, their sixth person, garth.

and speaking of garth, it was his birthday and since he joined, sam had spent her time getting to know him and form a strong bond. so when his special day came along, she was of course gonna go full out with her plans like she does for everyone else on their birthday's.

she was currently finishing up her makeup in the bathroom, when she had heard yelling from the living room, "boom! mic drop!" and she hears a party horn blow, "am i right?" and it made her mess up her eyeliner. which made her rush out of the bathroom and yell out, "can you guys, please shut up! you made me mess up my eyeliner, and you know how i get when someone interrupts that."

"woops, sorry babe." hank had chuckled as he approached her, "but you look, wow."

"thanks." she rolled her eyes, "i try." and she looks over at the other boys, "you guys have something nice to say? i put a lot of effort into this outfit."

"yeah, like you do for all of our birthdays." dick had recalled, and sam playfully flipped him off. not long after, donna decided to come out of her room and dawn was bringing out the birthday cake, "lovely." hank said and made a sarcastic comment that made sam snort in laughter, "sorry i couldn't fit all 90 candles on there. i tried."

dick had then spoken to garth, "my birthday gift to you is that i'm not gonna sing."

and garth was not gonna take no for an answer when it came to this, "oh, no. no, no, no, no, no. come on, i want my dick grayson acapella serenade." and he starts clapping his hands to give encouragement, "let's go, buddy. let her rip. let's make it happen."

"birthday boy request. you heard him."

"let's hear it, pavarotti."

sam brings out her phone and goes to her spotify playlist with a big smile on her face, "i actually have a playlist called 'songs dick grayson should sing' created by me. and i think it's perfect for a special occasion like this."

and dawn interrupts at the nick of time, "all right, guys, we're gonna do a group photo. come on, get together." and the other had grouped up together with sam in between dick and hank. the granger holds up the camera and starts counting down, "one, two... smile. three." and they hear the camera shutter click. and hank decides to make a tiny little joke, "great. a polaroid. now two things that are older than dirt." and that had the others chortling. then suddenly, the lights in the tower turn off and everyone is confused to what the hell is going on.