𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

( viii. a little nosy )

COLE has had a rough day, well a rough few days but still. he noticed sam wasn't home and he knew she'd be back eventually. after what happened earlier, he understood that she needed space for a few hours. he walked into the guest room to see rachel on the bed with her feet pressed up against her chest. the boy didn't wanna bother her, but just sat down in a chair in silence. then a minute later dick had walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. there was a brief moment of silence before rachel spoke up, "i'm sorry. it's getting worse."

"you don't have anything to be sorry for, rachel." dick tries to console her, "i'm the one who should--" he was then cut off by dawn knocking on the door. and the older woman had walked in, "how you doing, sweetheart? hank is sorry. he can be a real asshole sometimes."

cole then muttered, "you think?" and he heard dawn and rachel chuckle at that. that made him feel good, to try to lighten up the situation. dawn then says, "we gotta go. hank and i have that thing."

that had make dick stand up from the bed, "dawn, i really think you should reconsider. okay? we both know it's too dangerous."

"you win some, you lose some." she replies, walking past him and over to rachel and leans down to her, "take care of him, okay? he needs all the help he can get"

"okay." rachel gives the granger a small smile. she leans up and then looks over at cole, sitting in the corner, "same goes for you too, little man." he gives her a smile and a tiny little salute, signaling that he'll do his part. he then notices that sam had returned to the place without getting the urge to numb her anger with alcohol. he knows that she occasionally drinks when she's stressed, but this time there's nothing. he can't really tell the expression on her face, completely blank. the urge to numb her anger with alcohol.

for sam, she had wished she would've never be put in that situation earlier but fate had other plans for her. and jeez, she hated it. it's also likely one of the reasons why she wasn't a fan of fairytales. that and she never had an imagination growing up (thanks mom).

cole had noticed her reaction to hank and dawn taking off. she had put her hand on the granger's arm, "did i miss something?"

"we have that thing we need to do. don't you worry your pretty little head about it." dawn reassures her before leaving. sam looks over to the open door of the guest room to see, dick, cole, and rachel there and walks over to them. the roth tells both adults, "she needs your help. the both of you. i can feel it."