𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

( xxii. reuniting the family )

FINDING WHERE NICOLE WAS A LUCKY GUESS, maybe sam did know her mother better than she had hoped for. it was somewhere in indianapolis. one of the few things of her childhood she did luckily remember, that family can and will find each other.

the woman ended up in an apartment complex, but obviously sam wasn't gonna knock on every single door til one of them shows her mother. she went to go ask the person at the desk where her mother could be which was upstairs. as she got closer to her mother's apartment, sam tried to make sure she could breathe and not pass out before making it. she has gone this far enough already, can't give up now.

and then there she was, she was there and sam's hand started feeling all clamy. god, why was she like this? she hated feeling like this. she took a deep breath and knocked on the door she waited about a minute, and no one opened it. and sam really wasn't the best person to wait—

but suddenly she heard footsteps come by and there she was, "excuse me." nicole had lightly pushed the younger woman out of the way as she unlocks the door. sam could not BELIEVE that had happened, and the older woman glanced at her before walking inside, "samantha, if you wanted to talk, you could've called." now, that wasn't the response sam was expecting. she slowly had walked inside and closed the door, "you realized it was me?"

"of course!" nicole exclaimed, "you think i wouldn't know what my own daughter looks like?" and she starts setting down groceries. sam then brought up, "well, you hadn't seen your daughter in almost twenty years, so i thought that—"

nicole had cut her daughter off, "a mother always remembers her children no matter what. so what is you wanted to talk to me about?" the woman had pulled up a chair for sam to sit in as she took a seat. samantha sighs and sits down across from her mother, "last night...." the girl takes a deep breath as she recalls, "my friends and i were.... taken by this group called the 'organization', and we were tortured. for me, i went through my mind and went through memories my mind had repressed. including what happened to dad." sam's breath started to get shaky as she proceeded, "and a few others as well, but... i don't know how i did what i did and thought finding you would help me answer that. because i keep learning new things about myself, and it's scary. and i'm afraid of hurting the people i love most because where i go, death and pain and suffering always seem to follow me." she continues as tears fall down from her eyes, but she has yet to notice, "and i feel like i'm cursed, like there's something wrong with me. and i can't keep losing people, i can't." nicole had grabbed both of her daughters hands to comfort her, rubbing her thumbs against sam's knuckles.

"sweetie, it's okay. there's nothing wrong with you."

"then why do i have to force myself to love a man because he's my best friend?" the young mills blurts out, "on the ride here, i thought to myself 'why am i so overly possessive over my best friend when another girl is near him if i'm not romantically interested in him?' and it's because he's the only one who ever saw me. and if i lose him, i feel like, i'd have no friends who can ever see me like that again. but people keep telling me i'm supposed to be with him, like it's my destiny. but when i think about us together, i feel like throwing up."

her mother had just shrugged and stated, "you just don't love him. plain and simple. no one should force you to love someone." and nicole had scooted closer to her daughter, "a guy and a girl can just be friends. i've had guy friends, and we never got romantically involved. it's normal to not fall in love with your friends. you can fall in love with a guy in anyway if it feels right."