𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

( xxvii

( xxvii. one story to the next )

SAM NEEDED A MINUTE ALONE, she just could not be able to handle the news her mother just dropped on her. she locked herself in the bathroom and had called leighton, who now goes by hailee. and the girl had answered the phone, "hey, sam! haven't heard from you in a while, how are you?"

"fine, hey, i heard you are currently in gotham."

"yeah, i am, what's up?"

the mills had sighed, "look, i know we really hadn't talk much in the past few years. and the last time we talked, wasn't the best and i wanna put that in the past." and then she finally gets to her question, "dick is in gotham right now, and i need you to stay around him. i just wanna make sure he's okay, and i know you can get him under control. more than i can."

she heard hailee sigh on the other end, "you're asking me to watch over your husband? wow, i'm surprised."

"just make sure he doesn't do anything reckless." and then she hangs up the phone.

hailee just kind of stood there in silence. she put her phone away and had excited her hotel room. the hotel wasn't the best as it should've been but it was too late to cancel the reservation. she then noticed police entering one of rooms in the same hallway as her and hearing voices, one in particular that sounded familiar. then sees someone exiting one of the rooms. it's a little too dark to tell but she had a feeling she knew who it was and she decided to follow him.

and she ends up on the corner of chester and 169th, and she notices a distinct figure looking dead on a car. the green hair, purple outfit, white skin resembling a clown, it's the joker. she was familiar with him since she did live in gotham at one point, long enough to where she's heard of him a bunch of times that someone would be surprised that they stayed in gotham long enough and haven't heard of him. and then hailee sees him, she hasn't seen him in about five years. she saw him in the crime scene and then he had left but not before one of the paramedics announced that the joker is still alive.

and then in that moment, he left, she couldn't follow him everywhere, he would know if he was being followed. hailee used to be a hero once, now she works for a secret organization that works against crime. that's why she was sent here but her cover is that she's a rising star in the music industry. so now, she had went to the hospital. and also for safety reasons, she had a gun in her bag, this was gotham for crying out loud. she made sure even if she had dyed her hair that she'd be able to be stealthy, only that stealth didn't last long when a police officer pinned her against the wall and the girl was wincing in pain. until she heard someone say, "she's with me." she heard a familiar voice, when hailee was let go, she turns around and sees kory, "didn't realize that the hailee would ever show her face in gotham."