𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

( xvi

( xvi. road trip )

LEIGHTON was a combination of nervous and excitement as of now. and the reasoning of that is that she needs some kind of explanation of why someone else was joining the group. she had approach kory who was hanging up her phone and she saw the knight approaching, "hey, so just got off the phone with dick and sam, we need to get going."

"to where?"

"this safe house in chicago, i don't know." kory had groaned, then she noticed alexa a few feet behind leigh, "who is she?"

"my friend. she's going to help us."

"does she have any.... special abilities that are useful?" the anders questioned her friend. leighton just shrugs, "she does, but she doesn't tell me. she's supposed to be my babysitter, basically."

kory looked extremely confused at that, "wait, how old are you?" she points to leighton, then she moves her finger to alexa, "and how old is she?"

"i'm 24, she's 17." leighton answers. kory decided not to give any follow up questions and just went with it. she did not need any details on that at the moment. alexa decides to speak up, "alexa shipman. pleasure to meet you." she goes and shakes kory's hand, "you must be kory anders. that guy, cole told me about you guys and what you can do. and it was another reason to stick around. also because leighton refuses to leave, god knows why."

the brunette rolled her eyes, "well it's none of your concern for my reasonings."

the three woman went outside to get going to the safe house. leighton notices alexa approaching gar and rachel, with the shipman being respectful towards them, "hey, i'm alexa, friend of leighton's. i'm gonna be joining with you guys on your journey. gar and rachel, right?"

the green haired boy had a smile on his face as he shakes her hand, "it's a pleasure to meet you." he then noticed the motorcycle and gasped in excitement, "oh my god, is that yours?"

"birthday gift from my dad." the shipman explains, "he's very.... hipster in his own way. and it's also his love language."

"can i ride with you?" gar asks, trying to sound polite and also not like grabbing the opportunity right away. he noticed rachel chuckle a bit at his attempts with alexa. kory immediately heard him and yelled, "no, no, absolutely not." and the boy frowned a bit. alexa couldn't help but chuckle, "maybe another time i can teach you." and she glances over at rachel, "both of you."

they all see cole rushing over to them, "me too."

the shipman lowers her voice for only the three other teens can hear, "just make sure no one else knows okay." and gives them a wink as she walks over to her bike and puts on her helmet. the kids get into the minivan with leighton and kory in the front seats and off the four of them went.