"And I Count My Sins" (The End of The Ordinal Scale Arc)

TW: Mentions of a previous injury and a small mention of blood

No One POV

April 28th 2026

(y/n) woke up on Asada's couch and it took him a minute to remember what happened.

(y/n) thoughts: Oh yeah now I remember. Asada fixed up my hand and I slept on her couch. That moment after she wrapped my hand- *starts blushing a little*

Asada: *yawns* Morning (y/n).

(y/n): Morning. So what's for breakfast?

Asada: Well all I have is cereal so.

(y/n): Fine with me.

Asada pulled out 2 bowls and poured the cereal then the milk and slid one over to (y/n). Both were eating when the 2 began talking.

Asada: How's the hand?

(y/n): Better and thank you for that.

Asada: Let me check it when we're done.

(y/n): Ok.

The 2 continued eating and talking to each other about random things. When they finished (y/n) washed out the bowls for her as thanks. After he was done Asada asked him to sit down and to show her his hand. She pulled off the bandages and when she removed the cloth the cuts (y/n) had received last night were healed and were no longer bleeding.

(y/n): I always did heal pretty quickly.

Asada: Yeah.

(y/n)'s phone suddenly went off with a message and he quickly checked and saw he got a message from Kazuto.

Kazuto: (text message) Hey (y/n), we'll be going to the Toto Institute so I'll meet you there.

(y/n): (text message) You got it. (normally) Well, I have to go, we need to figure out what's going on, sorry I can't stay longer.

Asada: It's ok, I understand. Well, I hope you 2 find out what's going on.

(y/n): We will, bye Asada, and again thank you.

Asada: No problem and bye (y/n).

(y/n) quickly leaves and starts driving to the school on his bike.

time skip brought to you by chibi Asada blushing because of what had happened the previous night between her and (y/n)

(y/n) arrived at the school and parked his bike in the parking lot outside the school. He walked towards the front looking for Kazuto. (y/n) blended into the crowd and snuck up on Kazuto.

(y/n): Hey.

Kazuto: *jumps* Really man?

(y/n): *chuckles* Sorry I just had to do it.

Kazuto: How's the hand?

(y/n): Better.

Kazuto: How are you?

(y/n): A little better but I'll feel much better when we end this.

Kazuto: Yeah.

Kazuto and (y/n) both walked into the class that Professor Shigemura was teaching.

time skip brought to you by chibi (y/n) being bored and not understanding what chibi Shigemura is teaching.

Shigemura: Based on the evidence, the most glaring flaw in a full-dive VR device is the full-dive function itself. When a person has to sever their physical senses to play a VR game, that person is taking on incalculable risks to their health. True full dive tech has been applied to activities other than gaming such as communication, browsing, digital production, but none of those activities require all of one's senses. Sight, sound, and limited tactile information are enough. So instead of using a dangerous full dive device, one should use an AR device, which has been proven to be safe and stable.