The Spirit of a Warrior

The song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri was suggested by @VladimirMagauzyan

No One POV

June 19th 380HE

Everyone was waiting for Alice and (y/n) to return. Everyone was sitting around and idly chatting but Kirito and Asuna were uneasy, (y/n)'s confession still ringing in their minds. They were seated the furthest away from everyone so that no one could hear the 2.

Asuna: Kirito?

Kirito: Yeah?

Asuna: Do you really think that (y/n)'ll be ok?

Kirito: Honestly, no. The way he talked to us before, it seemed like he knew something would happen to him.

Asuna: You noticed that too.

Kirito: I'm trying to be optimistic for them but the rational part of me is saying that something will happen.

Asuna: Me too.

The 2 of them sat together with Asuna leaning her head on Kirito's shoulder. Both of them were worried and their faces showed it. The 2 sat in silence until the sound of a dragon alerted everyone.

Bercouli: That's Alice's dragon.

Leafa: They're back!

Alice landed but both Kirito and Asuna noticed the turmoil in her eyes. Alice slowly got off of her dragon and went to the back. Leafa and Sinon ran over with slight smiles on their faces but they quickly fell when they noticed Alice's face.

Leafa: Alice, what is it?

Alice's bottom lip quivered as she tried to not break down in front of them.

Alice: (voice breaking) I'm sorry.

Her dragon lowered itself down to the ground to reveal (y/n), missing his (d/h) arm below the elbow, and wasn't mentally there anymore.

Leafa: (y/n)?

Leafa slowly walked over to (y/n). His normal vibrant (e/c) eyes were dull and lifeless and his pupil was gone, replaced by his iris. His arm was bandaged at his stump and it stopped the bleeding but there was still a large amount of blood in the saddle. Leafa started tearing up as Alice broke down for the 3rd time tonight. Sinon noticed this and gently brought Alice into an embrace as Alice broke down even more. Everyone looked at the whole scene, some in quiet sadness and some tearing up. Kirito and Asuna wanted to cry along with the 3 girls but needed to remain strong for the 3 of them.

Alice: *crying* I'm sorry.

Sinon: Shshshshsh. It's not your fault Alice.

Alice: But-

Sinon: It's not your fault.

Leafa was right in front of (y/n) and she was gently cupping his cheek.

Leafa: (y/n)? Can you hear me?

(y/n) slowly lifted his head up and after looking at her for a second, he dropped his head back down. Leafa had a small smile when (y/n) looked up at her but then she gritted her teeth as the emotions hit her.

Leafa: *crying* (Y/N)!

Alice was still crying and so were Ronye, Tiese, and Selka. Eugeo was trying to keep it together but even he was slowly slipping. Kirito nearly broke down when he heard the pain in his sister's yell. Asuna held onto his hand and that's what kept him from breaking down. Kirito slowly walked up to Alice and Sinon, who was still embracing Alice.

Kirito: Alice?

Alice: (hoarse) Y-Yes?

Kirito: What happened?