A Reunion With An Old Friend

Decided to release this a little early since I'm spending time with some friends.

Context Time. So there's this one channel on Youtube that I've watched a few times called Microfaun. And there is a video from them that is the inspiration behind this one. 

This is the video for it. Now onto the story.

(y/n) POV 

July 25th 2026

Today's difficult for one reason, it was Amy's birthday today. (I'm making a small retcon) I woke up earlier than everyone else. It was about 6 in the morning when I woke up. The sun was rising as the birds started chirping. I put on a pair of blue jeans and a simple (f/c) tee shirt. I slipped on a (f/c) and black flannel over it and left it unbuttoned. I walked outside and locked the door behind me. I walked down the sidewalk just in my head and walked aimlessly. After a few minutes, I arrived in front of a store. I sighed a little and walked inside and looked around. I found the area with flowers and looked a little. 

I was looking at the flowers when someone came up next to me.

Eiji: Hello (y/n).

(y/n): Eiji, what are you doing here?

Eiji: Same as you I guess.

(y/n): Yeah. I never properly thanked you for your help back in Ordinal Scale.

Eiji: You don't need to. We fought for what we believed was right. I don't hold a grudge against you.

(y/n): Me neither. I actually understand why you did what you did.

Eiji: Yeah?

(y/n): Yeah.

Eiji: So I'm guessing you getting flowers for a loved one?

(y/n): Something like that.

Eiji: Hmm. Might I suggest getting a bouquet of White Carnations, Gladiolus, Orchids, Red Roses, and Red Tulips?

(y/n): How come?

Eiji: The White Carnations represent a person with boundless sweetness, the Gladiolus represents a person who is caring and has incredible moral integrity, and the Orchids, Red Roses, and Red Tulips represent a person who you love.

(y/n): I'm guessing that's what you get Yuna?

Eiji: Yeah. You know, now that I think about it, we're not really different.

(y/n): Yeah. I guess you're right. We've both lost the people we loved right in front of our eyes.

Eiji: But I'm guessing you lost yours differently than I did?

(y/n): Yeah.

Eiji: If you don't mind me asking, what was it?

(y/n): *takes a deep breath* Laughing Coffin.

Eiji: Oh. I know it's late but I'm sorry for your loss.

(y/n): Thank you. And I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Eiji: Thank you.

We both stood next to each other in silence for a solid minute.

Eiji: Well it's interesting to see you again.

He turns to me and holds his hand out. I shake his hand in return.

(y/n): Agreed. And thank you for the suggestion.