The Rules Have Changed

No One POV

November 7th 380HE

The mirror ball dissolved and the massive flower became a cannon of pure Sacred Power and energy. The beam touched down and then went forward, causing massive casualties for The Dark Territory. Once the beam finished firing, a massive explosion occurred. Fire and lava covered the ravine. Alice watched the scene in front of her and closed her eyes.

Dark Mage 1: For some reason, there was a lack of spatial power and we couldn't conjure out incineration projectiles. And then the enemy launched a large-scale attack. 90% of the demi-human unit, 70% of the Oger Archers, and over 30% of The Dark Mage unit were destroyed.

Dee Eye Ell: (pissed) For some reason, are you dense?! Someone used a massive formal art and drained all the spatial power in the ravine. But, how can that be? I can't even conger a spell of that scale. Who do they have that is that POWERFUL?!

Soldiers from The Human Relm were cheering as Alice and Amayori landed. Alice looked drained after she landed as both (y/n) and Fanatio was walking up to her.

Fanatio: Welcome back, you did well.

Alice tried to get off but she fell and (y/n) caught her before she hit the ground.

(y/n): The enemy has retreated. You did everything perfectly there Alice.

Alice: (y/n)-

(y/n): Shh. Don't talk, just rest. I know this battle is far from over. Fanatio, go to everyone and tell them to use healing arts to sap up the rest of the Sacred Power in the ravine. We don't have a lot of time until they regroup.

Alice tries to get up and (y/n) slowly helps her up.

Alice: Thanks.

(y/n): Just take it easy for a while.

Fanatio: All who are able, take the wounded and fall back. Priests focus on healing until all of the spatial power is depleted. And keep watch for enemy movement.

All of the soldiers started doing what Fanatio asked. Fanatio turned around to look at Alice and (y/n). Alice was standing under her own power.

Fanatio: I will go and give my report to the commander, will you be alright here?

Alice: *nods* Mu-hum.

Fanatio walked off as Alice turned around and walked forward to Amayori.

Alice: I could not have succeeded without you Amayori. *scratching Amayori's chin*

(y/n) walked up next to Alice as Amayori made a noise.

(y/n): Thank you for keeping her safe.

Amayori acknowledges (y/n) with another small noise.

Alice: Eat your fill and get some rest, you've earned it.

Amayori flew off from the 2 of them as Alice watched her go. (y/n) then walked over as Alice turned around. He then hugged her tightly with his head buried in the crook of her neck. Alice was surprised by the action as she stood there, not even moving.

Alice: (y/n)?

(y/n) didn't even say anything as he broke the hug.

(y/n): (thoughts) She's safe and she's here. She is probably confused as to why I'm being so weirdly clingy right now but I had to make sure it was her.

Alice was looking at (y/n) concerned as she noticed something in his eyes.

Alice: (thoughts) His normally vibrant (e/c) eyes look like they're holding back a lot of turmoil. (normally) (y/n), are you ok?