What are the chances?

Minho

"Minho, I need to speak with you for a minute." The older man said. "Oh, uh yeah sure Mr. Hill." I replied. "You have been praised by your students Minho. I have also noticed how hard working you are."  "Well thank you Mr. Hill I really appreciate it and my students are all hardworking themselves."

Dancing was always my passion ever since I was little kid and my early years of high school. I entered in numerous dance competitions and always enjoyed doing the talent shows. It was only when I got into college that I drifted away from dancing for obvious reasons of course.

It was about a year and a half ago when I ran into my old dance teacher, and he had asked me how I was doing with my dancing and sadly mentioned I had drifted away from it. An opportunity arose though when he had said there was a dance teacher position open at a local agency and I didn't even think twice about it. I jumped on the opportunity immediately and I was given a business card and told to call the number to mention my old dance teachers name.

Surprisingly enough they were given the heads up and wanted to meet with me right away, so next day I found myself in front of the JYP dancing division. Apparently, they had seen my old dancing videos and looked into me more.

2 years from today I have become and assistant dance teacher to a full position dance teacher. I'm curious as to what my boss wants me for or what his point is, all I know is dancing is one thing I cannot give up.

Dancing helped me through my darkest times especially these past two years, the only time I was happy was when I'm dancing. I tried to spend as much time as possible here at work from the time I come in to sometimes late into the night and was never questioned.

"We are currently looking for fresh new dancers to appear in our new upcoming dance competition." Mr. Hill started to explain. "Oh yeah I've heard about that, in a few weeks, right?" I replied. "Yes, coming from the boss man himself he has chosen you specifically." "For...?" "We want you to recruit new dancers. It requires travel and stay, but all things are paid for."

Well, this was unexpected, I'm genuinely honored for the opportunity. I never realized JYP himself asked for my expertise in recruiting new dancers. It would be nice to travel somewhere new and I'm hoping it's to some other country, it would be nice to get away for a bit.

"I would be honored sir; may I ask where I'd be travelling too?" I asked curiously. "Here you are, one first class plane ticket. And if you open up your email you will have your whole itinerary planned and where you'll be staying etc." Mr. Hill handed me my plane ticket.

First class huh, travelling in style I see I chuckled to myself. I opened up the envelope and pulled out the ticket and my face dropped. "Is there a problem?" Asked Mr. Hill. "Oh, um n-no. It's all good, I accept." I replied.

Mr. Hill smiled patted me on the back and walked off.

I never expected this.

My feet didn't want to move, they stay planted firm on the ground but all I wanted to do was become invisible and disappear forever. 

Memories came rushing back flooding my mind, soft black hair and chocolate brown eyes that stared into your soul but only to make you fall in love. The countless freckles that scattered across his face looking like bright shining stars and the best of all a smile that could make an entire room fall silent.

I felt a drop of water fall on my hand that was holding my plane ticket, I realize I had started to cry the tears started falling more and more. 

I don't think dance can help me right now.

I looked at the ticket once more and I leave the day after tomorrow. I guess I don't get time to process any of this.

Maybe I won't even see him, it's a big place. I could be overthinking this whole thing, right?

What are the chances?