Far from forgiven

Jisung

I wish I could have said no to going to this wedding but then I would have been the shittiest friend ever and I can't be that. I know damn well Hyunjin will be there and frankly I could care less about seeing him but I'm doing this for my friends for Seungmin and Changbin.

For over a year now I have tried to forget everything, forget that Hyunjin completely ignored me, and I finally came to my senses and stopped trying. I still never knew what happened to Felix and Minho all I know is Felix has been back in Australia ever since and hasn't even had contact with Chan for a while now. Minho has been completely M.I.A leaving that night not even looking back.

Well, I guess life is a bitch and has a funny way of bringing everyone back together. Not entirely looking forward to seeing everyone to be honest but I'm hoping this will be for the better.

As I was getting off work I made my way to a cafe nearby, working all day and being cooped up in a studio isn't really the dream and I was hungry as fuck. Sure, music is great and all and I always had a thing for it but I kind of lost my interest in especially after everything that's happened. I don't work on any of my own stuff just strictly on other artist's albums and singles.

Walking into the cafe and finding a table in the back I sit down, and the waiter walks this way. "Hi there, what can I get you to drink?" Asked the waiter. "Anything with caffeine I'm going to need it." I reply. "Long day?" "Waiting for what's to come actually." "I'll bring our strongest drink then." The waiter smiled.

As the waiter walked off, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Instagram, seeing nothing but Seungmin posting the most ridiculous things and from the looks of it acting like a bridezilla. I always thought Hyunjin was the dramatic one but right now I think Seungmin has him beat. Only a month left until their wedding, and I can't wait for it to be over with already.

"Here is your drink." The waiter sat it down in front of me. "Well, I assume it's only as strong as a soda can be. Am I right?" I asked with raised brows. "I don't see many cute guys come through here often, so I added something a little special." The waiter winked. I eyed him cautiously and took a sip of my drink and damn something special he did add. "Well, it's not every day I get to be waited on by a cute waiter so thank you." I smirked. "I'll let you look over the menu some more and I'll be right back."

Now only if he could keep these drinks coming and everything would be so much better. I think I may have been a little too trustworthy of this guy but whatever I could care less right now.

"Never knew you could flirt." The familiar voice echoed through my ears. 

I looked up and saw no other than Hwang Hyunjin himself. Well looks like I could use another drink right about now as I just downed the one, I had. "Hwang." I said coldly. "Damn I think I just felt my whole-body shutter with such the temperature change." Hyunjin replied. "Maybe you should go get a fucking coat then." "Can we not be civil?"

Well, that's a laugh...can we be civil?

I tried talking to him and I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he shut me out completely. What did I do then...I stopped trying and I gave up. I wasn't worth his time anymore and I wasn't going to be someone who couldn't be trusted.

"I think you lost that right." I spoke harshly. "Jisung I know I fucked up but let's be real here I didn't expect to run into at all unless it was at the wedding. So why not practice being decent with each other." Hyunjin said. "Oh, I'll be decent at the wedding but until then I don't see a reason why I should."

I got up leaving a few bills on the table getting ready to leave when I felt my arm being tugged. "Jisung." Hyunjin pleaded. I stood there frozen in place wishing that my body would just move, wishing I could pull my arm away and walk out the door right now. "It was all my fault." "Your fault?" I asked. "I broke them apart; I ruined their relationship. I knew you would have dropped me the minute you knew what I did." "Does everything that you do always get fucked up?"

That night watching Minho walk down the stairs and out the door and Felix frantically coming after him calling his name multiple times to Hyunjin following behind. The thing I didn't get was Changbin coming down the stairs too. Something went down between all of them and Hyunjin says he's at fault for the whole thing. "I saw Changbin follow after you that night." I mentioned. "It was a dare. Changbin gave me a dare from the dare night, and I had to do it separately." Hyunjin explained. "What kind of dare would have been so bad to destroy a relationship? Even ours."

I turned around to face Hyunjin and I could tell he was nervous as hell and scared too, I always thought of Hyunjin to be the calm one to be cool and collected. I guess you truly don't know a person.

"I knew Felix before that trip. No one else seemed to remember him and Minho never really met him until then. Felix was a crush way back when, when I met him, I knew that I had to get to know him." Hyunjin started. "Why don't I remember?" I asked. "No one really does except for Changbin, that's why he gave me the stupid dare to begin with because I already knew him." "What does that have to do with anything? Did something happen between you two?" "I liked Felix, and we had a small connection way back then, he was young and so was I. He was barely finding himself, but we clicked in a way. We shared a nice night together, nothing serious but we had a moment. Changbin wanted to use that against me." "Hyunjin...Minho knew nothing of this? Felix was blind too?" "Felix didn't remember anything I had to tell him. Minho is just as in the dark as the rest of you. I just...I was getting tired of keeping this to myself. Not even Seungmin knows, and I told Changbin to tell him before things get worse."

I guess this takes a turn, Hyunjin is slowly coming clean, but it doesn't mean he's forgiven. He's far from it and I will make sure he knows it.

"Thanks for telling me. I know it's not the whole truth but it's a start, I'm not going to fall for you again Hyunjin. All my hatred I had came back to me the moment you shut me out, the moment you started lying to me." I spoke. "I didn't tell you this to try and win you back, I know better than that. I love you Jisung but I know it doesn't matter." Hyunjin replied.

I walked away from him and towards the front where I was stopped by the cute waiter. He whispered something in my ear and placed something in my hand. When he walked away, I looked at the piece of paper he handed me. Smiling to myself seeing his name and number written very neatly on the paper. Folding it back up I slipped it into my back pocket knowing full well Hyunjin just saw everything.